× Chapter 72 ×

We get out of the car after only 15 minutes.

We are in front of some restaurant.

"Simon, why are we here?" I ask him

"You play the piano right?" He asks

"Yes, but what does that have to do with anything?" I ask still confused

"Because we have a gig." He says

"What?!" I ask

"C'mon we're late." He says. He holds my hand and I follow him.

We enter the restaurant. It's a wedding celebration here. The hours have probably passed, because everyone is half drunk already.

"Simon we shouldn't be here." I say

"I think it's okay." He smiled

"What are we going to do? How did you plan this?" I ask whilst I'm following him behind the little stage, in the small hallway.

He talked for a moment to this older man that I assume has to do something with this restaurant. When he walked away Simon began explaining.

"So, the local duet like a band or whatever, had to perform tonight. I've been told me they won't be here."

"How do you know them?" I ask

"They're my friends." He says, but I assume by the look on his face that he is lying.

"Listen, I know you are doing some crazy shit with me, but it's becoming worse."

We stopped behind the stage.

"Simon, I don't know what to play." I say looking at the piano.

"Improvise it Happy, you can manage." He says

"I don't want to do this. And what will you do?" I ask him with a sigh

"I'll be the DJ." He says pointing at the table on the stage with a laptop and a few speakers.

I sigh.

"Why do you want me to do this?" I ask shaking my head

"Now,  do this for me Happy." He says

"And I'll tell you the real reason later." He smiles at me.

We went on the stage. I nervously sat down at the piano and try out the few keys first.

I haven't played it in years. And I miss playing the piano quite much.

I started playing the first melody that I could think of. It was one of my favorite songs for this instrument by some artist that I couldn't remember the name of.

I played for the next few minutes, trying to remember all the notes and correct melody and rhythm.

When I finished I turned around to Simon and he was smiling at me.
People clapped softly sitting at their tables.

They all look really nice and luxurious just like this fancy restaurant.

I did okay, but I still feel this wasn't necessary.

We sat down at the table and he put on the music and adjusted the volume for the speakers.

***

We've been here for an hour.

We talked during the songs whilst people danced and cheered.

"Will you tell me now why you did this?" I ask him

He wanted to tell me, but he stopped looking at the crowd.

"Shit,Happy.We have to go." He says with a worried chuckle

"What's wrong?" I asked, but before he could say anything he took my hand and started running off. I ran following him and holding his hand.

Just before we ran out I noticed three people angrily looking at us.

One looked like a manager of the restaurant and the other two people were holding papers with musical notes and headphones.

Oh shit.

We ran completely out of the restaurant and ran for a bit longer until we got in his car.

"What was that?" I ask out of breath

After a few moments, we calmed down and he started driving.

"You lied to me! " I say

"Those people who came were the performers." I add but he isn't really saying anything.

"And they aren't your friends right?" I say rolling my eyes

"They're not." He says completely calmed down.

"This shit is getting crazier." I say leaning my elbow close to the window.

"Yeah, because sneaking to a fancy dinner isn't." He chuckles with a confused look on his face.

"So is breaking into a fucking shop." I say rolling my eyes.

He didn't say anything for a few seconds until he finally spoke.

"I'm sorry I lied to you, okay?" He says not annoyed at all

I'm not that much angry at him, but I'm still a bit upset.

I didn't say anything.

And we didn't talk for the rest of the ride home.

We got to my flat and I went out of his car.I got inside my building and he followed me.

"Happy." He called for me, but I ignored him

I got in the elevator and he was next to me. He is standing with a smile which confuses me so much.

Why is he acting like this?

A/N:

Hello!

Don't worry, this won't be serious fight or whatever

Lol

You'll see what I'm talking about in the next chapter.

Also,

sorry I wasn't active much these days, I'm just feeling a bit shitty

And I have a mad writers block

Hope you understand

Bai