× Chapter 31 ×

(The night before the match)

"Don't worry. I'll be there in 5:30 p.m. If I'm not there you can make me do whatever." (Stop again with your dirty mind...ffs XD ) I answer about the match to Simon and smile as he held me in front of my flat.

"I'll text you before we'll head off." he says and pressed his lips onto mine, holding my cheeks.

"Don't stress out okay?" I say and we move away

"I won't, I promise." He says as he was leaving. I went in my flat an closed the door as I smiled. I can't wait to see him play tomorrow.

***

I got the text from him next day:

S: We are on our way there. Are you as well? 

H: Yeah, See you there.

I type as I'm walking. I smile until I hear someone say my name.

"Ness." I look up and see Jessie.

"What do you want?"  ask her

"I need to talk to you." she says

"I told you and the girls I'm over with you. I'm in a rush right now. " I say trying to pass her

"It's important Really!" She yells behind me

"About what?!" I ask her losing my  patience

"About your mum. She talked to me about you." She adds

"I swear to God if you're lying to me..." I say

"I'm really not. I really need to talk to you." She says

"Fine. I can't stay long tho." I say and we went to the coffee shop close by. I sat down totally focusing on what she has to say.

"She called me about 2 days ago. She's been really worried about you ever since you left Manchester. You haven't called her, and she doesn't want to bother you, you know because you left very...angry towards her." She says

"Well, yeah I'm not surprised. Why didn't she call me? She could've just call me. I stopped being angry at her a long time ago." I say

"Well, you've told many bad things before you left to her, and to your sister." She says

"I know already. You don't have to remind me." I frown looking down.

It all came to me what I said and why I said it. All those bad words. I said it was her fault that dad left. I even told her to get away from me. I felt horrible a few weeks later when I was already here, in my flat. I didn't leave it, I created my own isolation because I couldn't stop thinking about my family. About my destroyed family. My sister hated me, my mum worked hard so she wasn't focused on me, my sister and my dad. Eventually he was sick of it and left leaving a note. Even though I was on his side I stayed with my mum for a while and blamed her for his leave.

And I realised the real truth when it was too late. They never really loved each other, they married when my mum got pregnant with me. It was a really cliché thing to do, especially when they could've been better way when separated. That's why I hated and still hate cliché's, even though if I was the cliché in this story.

I talked to Jessie about everything that was on my mind. I got lost in time and space, and for the first time she actually fully listened me and was interested in what I have to say.

***

"So what are you going to do?" She asks me

"I'll have to visit her. This needs to stop." I say

"Aren't you suppose to hate me?" I ask her

"I should, but I wanted to tell you this. If you're going to need anything, you can know I'm here." I nod my head but thought of it as bullshit

"Just don't bother with Nia or Beth. And don't tell anyone I talked to you. Beth would kill me." She said and stood up, leaving. I said bye to her and stared for a bit at my cold hands. I look around.

Oh shit.

The match.

Simon.

It's already dark. I'm so stupid.

I get up and run to the stadium. I completely lost myself in the talk. I'm the only one to blame.

I hate myself.

I run as fast as I can. I can't believe I've done this. He needed me to be there, for a support, and I bailed him. I feel really bad.