Mystery Hack

I groan, pulling my feet to the floor.

Man, I was not expecting Bill last night.

Sure, I made a deal with him when I was ten, I walk over to my dresser, pulling out a pair of ripped jeans and a band shirt, but I wouldn't think he'd want anything to do with me six years later. I did what he asked, which is why I had to move to this Podunk town anyway. I couldn't show my face after what I did back in... I shudder, pulling my shirt over my head, a reminder telling me not to think too had about what I've done.

I walk out the front door, telling myself I had no choice. People would have died. Well, more than the ones who did.

Tears spring forth, and I push them back. That wasn't your fault, (y/n).

I swear, if I ever see that triangle again, I'm going to flick him over the town line like a paper football.

Dumb demon.

I find my way to the Mystery Shack, as my friend Dipper Pines has told me to do. We used to go to school together back in Piedmont, California. Sure, he was a bit younger than me, but he was always pretty mature for his age.

"Hey, Dip'n Dots, you here?" I pop my head in the door.

I hear his laugh from somewhere in the shack. "Yeah, I'll be right there."

He comes around the corner and leads me through the gift shop. "(Y/n), this is Wendy," he gestures to a redheaded girl about my age in a green flannel, jeans, and muddy boots, which are casually slim upon the counter. "Oh, hey,"

"And Wendy, this is (y/n)."

I smile at her, returning her 'hey.'

"I HEAR (Y/NNNNNNN)!!" Mabel. Definitely Mabel.

"Hi, Mabel!" She attacks me with a hug.

"Hi (y/n)!"

"What are you doing here?!" She asks when she lets go.

"I live here now. Just a short walk away."

"INFINITE SLEEP OVERS!" She yells.

I smile. Glad that this aspect of my life wasn't ruined when Bill forced me to... do what I did. Dipper and Mabel were the only ones who understood. After all, they had dealt with Bill last summer.  And at the beginning of the school year, when I carried out what I had delayed for six years, they were the only ones who understood Bill's capabilities. What he would do if I refused to be his puppet.

So, I finished the year in social outcast land, and moved here. By myself.  My parents couldn't leave their jobs. Or maybe didn't want to. Whatever. I'll be seventeen in a few months anyway.

"(Y/n)?!"

"Huh?"

"You've got to stop thinking about that..."incident", (y/n). It wasn't your fault."  Dipper says.

I slide down onto the floor and sigh. He puts an arm around my shoulders, and I smile.

The smile soon fades as Dipper, Mabel and I are the only things left with color. I don't even bother to look around the monochrome world. I know what comes next.

"Helloooo, Sunshine!" His voice fills the room, and he then appears. "Ah, Pinetree, get your arm off of my lovely Sunshine's shoulders."

He  lifts Dipper up with his telekinesis, and drops him in the trash can.

"Not cool Bill!" I say, standing up to face him.

"You're right! I'm not cool at all!" He laughs. "I'm HOT!"

I snort. "Yeah. No."

"Aw, c'mon Sunshine! We've got such a history together!" He slings a skinny arm around my shoulder. I push it off.

"I am not your sunshine, Bill," I say angrily. "What do you want? To ruin my life? Oh. Wait. You already have." I turn my back to him, helping Dipper up. "In case you haven't noticed, I'm no sunshine."

"But you could be. Make me a deal, and I'll fix your life."

"F-fix my life?"

"I can make all that trouble I caused you go away."

I stare blankly.

"I'll give you some time to think about it." He tips his hat at me, "I'm winking, but you can't tell because I only have one eye." He puts it back on his head. "Remember, reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold! BYE!"

All the color returns to the world, and the color drains from me.

"(Y/n), you can't do it," Dipper whispers.