Chapter 25

*Neville Pov*

"My head is aching." I mumbled groaning at the pounding happening in my head and sat up only to fall back feeling tired.

"My head is aching." This time I shouted and immediately held my head, feeling the pounding increasing in another level.

"Then drink this." I heard Nic's voice and slowly opened my eyes to see her walking near my bed.

"Thank you!" I mumbled and drank whatever she gave which turns out to be water making me frown.

"When did water started reducing hangovers?" I asked frowning.

"If you add this to that." She replied, placing a tablet in my arm.

I took it and gulped the water before putting the glass aside. I squinted my eyes with the headache and saw that she is in a very sad mood.

"What happened to you?" I asked her frowning.

"I just got ditched even when I tried to flirt. You know how difficult it is flirt, but he just ditched." She replied in a shocked tone.

I closed my eyes, remembering what happened yesterday night. I groaned and then repeated her words.

"When did you flirt?" I asked, narrowing my eyes.

"When he was carrying you to this room and when I was running behind him. He was so cute, but seems like he is not for me." She replied frowning.

"Did he say anything or ask anything?" I slowly asked in a casual voice but her eyes narrowed at me.

"So, it is the same from your side too?" she asked raising her eyebrow.

"I didn't flirt with him. You flirted, then how could it be same from my side like yours?" I asked back to which she chuckled.

"I was not talking about that. I was comparing both of you. Even he seems to be more than interested in you. He brushed your hair and pressed a kiss on your forehead." She said getting up while I stilled in my place.

"Your boss called and asked you to come office for some of the company's special client whose work got stopped in the middle I guess. Your boss is so rude. I mean, who goes to office on Sunday's? Anyway, get ready or else leave the job." She said walking away, but it didn't feel like any word entered my head.

He kissed my forehead? How can I hear a whisper of his saying 'I love you too' just when I heard from her what he did? I shook my head before falling back on the bed.

What is he doing here? And how did he know I am staying with Nic? And again, what is he doing here?

Why is it so difficult to forget him, Nev? You did many times, then why not now? I asked myself and felt a tear threatening to come out, but I pushed it back before getting up again.

"Can you repeat what my boss said?" I asked, picking out my dress and heard the message again with her huffing in the middle to repeat everything.

"Thank you, Sir." I said, nodding without any smile before stepping out of the office.

I just want to go home and sleep. I sighed, getting in my car and started driving towards Nic's house hoping she is home.

Or it is better she is not so that I can escape from her admiring views of the supposed guy who ditched her and continuously repeating how interested he is in me like I am in him.

I shook my head and stepped out of the car to see him standing near the door, but that turned into a frown when Nic is standing with him.

"He was waiting for you." Nic said, smiling, making me glare at her.