Chapter 12

*Yash Pov*

"Where are you lost? If you want to be in your thoughts, then why are we even here?" I asked giving her a push making her turn towards me.

"This is great!" she said, looking around and immediately cringed.

"Well, how can I not show you the famous bridge closely?" I asked and glanced around to see the whole bridge covered with vehicles and the horns are just blazing.

"Who brings a girl to here at evening?" she asked looking up.

"You said everywhere." I replied, shrugging and stopped myself from laughing at her expression.

"The park near your house is much better. I will go there and sit alone." She said getting up from the bike which I parked in the footpath so that we can sit on it.

"Alone? You made me not even rest when I returned from work and you want to stay alone?" I asked showing too much shock.

"Not bad, Mr.Yash! I thought you are nothing but a bore. And here you even know how to joke." She said, giving a once over look.

"What can I say? If we have to stay at the great Neville presence, then we have to learn these kinds of things." I replied and she laughed before standing near to me.

"You can call me Nev." She said smiling.

"But I don't like you, right?" I asked innocently and waited for her shocked look.

But she just smirked and said, "It's ok! I like you enough to not need your involvement."

"So, no one can win with you in the words!" I stated and she laughed before moving her hand to hug me, but I shook my head gesturing around to which she frowned.

"Let's just go!" she said and I nodded, starting the bike after she sat back on it.

She hugged me tightly and I started driving telling her small details regarding many sights along the way and she calmly listened.

"Nev! Nev, we are here." I said stopping the bike and felt her not moving.

I frowned and turned a little to see her sleeping. I smiled and got down slowly before tapping her chin.

"What?" she asked slowly opening her eyes.

"If you are standing here then who are driving the bike?" she asked and her eyes slowly widened.

"We reached!" I mumbled and helped her to get down.

"I am just... I am just not feeling well." She said frowning and I walked inside still holding her hand and placed a hand around her shoulder.

"What happened to her?" I heard Dad asking.

"She cannot enter this house while drunk. How can she drink?" Mom started shouting before I could reply.

"She is not feeling well, Mom." I said frowning at her and helped Nev to climb the steps and reached her room.

"I will bring some food." I said making her lay down but she shook her head holding my hand.

"Not feeling like I can eat anything." She said, frowning at me and rubbed her throat.

"Ok! I will bring some milk." I offered and she again shook her head.

"I stopped drinking milk when I was five." She mumbled and her eyes started drooping.

"How about some juice?" I mumbled and placed my hand over her forehead.

"You have slight fever I guess." I said and walked towards the store room and brought a thermometer.

"Open your mouth and be careful with the apparatus." I slowly said and took her temperature.