Chapter 18

*Yash Pov*

"What do you mean, Yash?" Mom asked, walking near to me and then glanced at my hand holding hers.

"It is true, Mom. I want to marry her and no one else." I replied, to which she shook her head.

"No! This can't happen." She said to which I heard a sigh from beside me, but I just stared at Mom.

"Why? Is it because I chose my bride?" I asked, to which she shook her head.

"No! It is not because of that, but the problem is with bride itself. I would have accepted anyone but will never accept her." She stated making me frown.

"Excuse me! I don't have any technical problems and I was always told that I am a bright student." Nev said breaking in to stand between both of us.

"See? I just can't think her as even a family member and you want to marry her. What are you even thinking?" Mom shouted and immediately Dad walked near to us.

"Yash! She is your cousin." He said after glancing at Mom's face.

"But not blood cousin." I said to which he sighed and turned towards Mom.

"He loves her." He said to which she shook her head before staring at me again.

"Yash! Please don't do this to the family. No one will be happy with this relation." She said and I turned towards remaining members along with Nev to see them just frowning.

"Who accept this?" Nev asked, to which no one said a word and they three walked near to us.

"Wow! What a surprise." She added, shaking her head.

"I don't think this idea is any good." Uncle stated making me frown at him and I glanced at Revu but she is looking down fidgeting with her hands.

"I am not in for it, but will this really sustain?" Lakshmi said, frowning at me and I sighed.

And then it started with my Mom and others except Revu saying one thing and another. To which Nev gave her mind and it felt like no one is going to stop.

"I know everyone of you are not that adjusted to her and vice versa, but from now onwards try to." I said feeling fed up with all the conversation.

"What?" I heard maximum voices and I nodded stepping back.

"Yes! I want my family and Nev in that too." I said and they all fell silent.

"Ok! I know you were always there for this family no matter what. And it is not right to slash you for something you wished. We will try to adapt to all this, but your marriage will take place when everyone is happy." Uncle said after a few minutes when no one seemed to speak.

"No problem at all. It is not like I want to marry him now. There is two years time, at least." Nev said waving her hand.

"Two years?" I asked along with my Mom.

"Yeah! I need to settle here too and what is my age to get married already." She replied shrugging.

"I will never accept her." Mom said stubbornly.

"What does she have to do so that you can accept her?" Dad asked and seems irritated himself.

Mom frowned at his words and stayed silent before nodding. She turned towards me and Uncle and then at Nev.

"Excuse me! It will go on both ways." Nev suddenly said and I slapped my forehead.

"Nev!" I said, groaning.