Chapter 7

*Neville Pov*

"Bhabhi! What are you doing here?" I frowned in my sleep hearing the words and half opened my eyes whether there is really my step-aunt in the room or am I dreaming about her.

God! Please don't let it be a dream. I mean, how can I dream about her? I thought and felt twisting inside my stomach.

"I just want to look at her properly, Kalyani." I heard a small voice and stilled without releasing a breath.

Mom! I thought immediately knowing well that voice belongs to her. She wants to see me properly? I thought and felt happy.

"You know you can't be near her. You promised your Dad and Bhai that you will never have contact with her." Aunt said and I immediately wished I can get up right this moment.

Then I would cover that Aunt with my blanket and roll her in it before leaving her at some place and then I may be able to be with Mom.

"I... know! But..." Mom started saying and was again stopped by someone who is not a surprise here.

This Aunt is the main villain in my story and I can't achieve something when she will be near to my achievement at all.

"You already hurt my brother, Bhabhi. I will not let you hurt him again. Let's go!" Aunt said and I can see her dragging my Mom away.

When they finally left I opened my eyes and turned to sleep on my back, staring at the ceiling still remembering how my Mom's voice shook.

She wants to talk to me and even wish to be with me. But all these people are stopping her and mainly due to her promise.

Is a promise really important than me? I thought, frowning and then started thinking what I can do to make her free from them.

I should start with her father then who seems to be grumpy, but we will see what I can do tomorrow about his grumpiness.

"Where are you going?" I heard Aunt asking when I started walking near to the main door after getting ready.

I turned to see all of them having their breakfast, but now looking at me. I smirked, thinking what will be their reaction if they know what I am going to do.

"Can I have this?" I asked Lakshmi and took her dupatta from her before covering myself.

"I know you are confused why I took it right?" I asked looking at my little sister.

"Have some breakfast!" Uncle said, smiling at me.

"It's ok! I am going to have it at someone's place. And I need this because I can't meet my grandfather wearing only top and jeans right?" I asked them.

"What?" Lakshmi asked with wide eyes.

"Yes! And I will have my breakfast there." I replied and left the house before they could say a word.

"May I come in?" I asked, knocking on the small house door and entered without hearing their reply.

"I am your granddaughter and you can call me Nev." I said, looking at the shocked old woman and an angry old man.

"Why are you here? Leave my house." He said glaring at me.

"Why are you angry at me?" I asked him frowning.

"Your birth is enough reason." He replied and my grandmother gasped.

"Ouch! But I would like to clear something." I said smiling at him.

"I mean I wish I had such awesome powers, but really I can't do any magic for my birth. I don't have any say in this." I added, smiling to which they frowned.