Chapter 2

Beca and Chloe had been best friends for a month and both went on frequent trips to the coffee shop to catch up, so it wasn't a surprise when Chloe called Beca one afternoon asking her to come to the coffee shop. "Hey Chlo," Beca said, answering her phone and setting in in the glove box and putting it on speaker.

"Hey Becs!" Chloe replied happily. "How was work today?"

"Eh, nothing new," Beca replied. "What's up?"

"Nothing much, I've just been running errands all day," Chloe replied. "Do you want to go for coffee tomorrow morning."

"I'd love to, but me and Devin are gonna be driving to Disney world."

"Oh my gosh it's his birthday tomorrow I totally forgot!" Chloe said. "Can we stop by tonight with presents?"

"Actually I had a better idea," Beca said. "You and Shannon should come with."

"What?" Chloe asked. "Why?"

"Uh because you're my best friend and Devin loves both of you so much. Plus how am I supposed to survive 7 hours of driving without any adult conversation?" Beca asked with a laugh. "I booked the hotel room for 4 because I was really really hoping you would say yes."

"Let me just ask my personal assistant," Chloe replied.

"Shan?"

"Yep," Chloe said. She pulled the phone away from her ear. "Beca wants us to come to Disney world with her and Devin tomorrow."

"Well than we shall go to Disney world," Shannon replied, laughing.

Chloe smiled excitedly and held the phone back up to her ear. "We're in!"

"Yes!" Beca said excitedly. "We'll pick you up at 4 am."

"Sounds good! Does Devin know?"

"Nope, I'm gonna let him figure it out himself," Beca replied. "I'm so glad you want to come with us."

"Oh of course!" Chloe said happily. "We gotta start packing and get Devin a present. I'll see you tomorrow morning!"

"Aww you don't have to get him anything," Beca replied with a laugh.

"Yes I do, he's my best friend's son," Chloe said.

"Ok, whatever," Beca replied. "See you tomorrow!"

"Bye Becs!" Chloe put her phone down and stood up from the couch. "We have to go shopping."

"Do I have to come?" Shannon whined. "I'm tired."

"We'll stop for coffee, come on!" Chloe said, pulling her little sister off the couch. They got in the car and Chloe started driving to target. "We need to get Beca something too."

"Why?"

"Tomorrow's also the 4th anniversary of the day she broke her back, so it's kind of a hard day for her," Chloe explained. "That's why she and Devin always do something big for his birthday, partly to celebrate but mostly to keep her mind off of things."

"Aww, how'd she break her back?" Shannon asked.

"She said it was a car accident but she didn't explain what happened or anything," Chloe said. "I think she's still traumatized by it."

"Yeah," Shannon said. "What should we get her?"

"I don't know, iTunes gift cards and candy?" Chloe suggested. "She loves chocolate."

"Sounds good," Shannon said. "I seriously can't believe you said yes to taking a spontaneous trip to Disney world."

Chloe laughed. "How was I supposed to say no? She's my best friend and plus I've never been to Disney World before. This is gonna be fun!"