"Listen, I know you've been spending a lot of time with this Kevin kid and you might like him but that doesn't mean-"

"He's my boyfriend." I stated.

"Well fine. But he's not good for you. He's a bad kid. He does bad things." She stated.

"Excuse me? Since when have you known what's good for me or not? You never talk to me. You never ask how I am or how my day was. Ever." She had me really worked up now.

"Bethany Nicole West! I am your mother and I can make you do what I want and I know what's best for you. Break up with him. He's bad news."

"No. I love him." I muttered. And ran up the stairs. On the way I didn't hesitate to yell, "Stay away from me!"

"You don't know what love is!" She yelled back.

"Tell that to yourself!" And with that I slammed my bedroom door.

I can't believe she's doing this.

We just got together and now this. Fuck this. I can't believe this.

I can't believe I said that to my mom tho. She's probably so pissed. I honestly don't care. She thinks she can just show up in my life now and boss me around.

Haaaa what a funny joke.

•••••

It was the next day and Kevin and I were cuddling on his bed, watching a movie.

"Kevin?" I said quietly.

"Wassuh shawty?" I said softly.

I squeezed my eyes shut, not wanting to tell him last night. I know I have to tho.

"My mom wants us to break up."

He paused the movie and sat up. "What?"

"You heard me," I sighed. "She doesn't want me with you and thinks you're a bad person and you're not right for me and you'll get me in trouble but I don't believe her." I whined.

He didn't say anything but his sad eyes turned away from me. "B.." He trailed off. "You got a whole future ahead of you and someone like me is capable of ruining it."

"Kev don't do this." I cried. Tears slipped out of my eyes and onto my cheeks.

"I gotta," pain crossed his face.

"But we just started datin Kevin! Everything was going good! We were gonna be happy." More tears.

"Bethany you're better off without me." He wiped the year from my cheek.

"What the fuck is this about? Why the hell is everyone telling me how to live my life and what I'm better off as?" I screamed. "I'm happy with you and I'm better with you! I'm better loving you and laughing with you because..I don't know I just am! Ain't that all that matters?"

"Bethany," Kevin pleaded. "I don't wanna ruin you. I.."

"What Kevin? What is it?"

"I don't wanna end up hurting you." I saw a tear slip out of his eye but he quickly wiped it away.

"We ain't even last a fucking day, Kevin!" I broke down, right there. In my ex-boyfriend's room. "I love you.." I whimpered.

"And I love you," he whispered back.

•••••

I ended up at home, crying. I cried myself to sleep for 3 nights. I didn't get up once. I didn't eat.

I talked to my closest friends a few times on the phone occasionally, and they were surprised as I was.

But no one was as sad as me.

My parents felt like they had won, since apparently my dad was in on it too. Not wanting me to talk to Kevin.

I saw my little brother a few times, and he asked me what's wrong. I told him it was just girl problems.

I guess it is, right?

I think Kevin did this in his love for me, knowing that I would be better off without him, I'm just sad af. I'd be twice as better with him by my side so we can get thru everything together, as a team.

The only thing that was able to get me out of my bed right now, was Kevin's voice.

And that's what I heard.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Don't be sad, GET GLAD! Next chapter is gonna be better 😉

Told ya I would update today 😎

Much love🙏🏼😘

Stay gizzy😍🤘🏼

-Julie 💣💛