Chapter 5

Then

"Hey Camila." I jump just about five feet into the air at the unexpected sound of Lauren's voice, which, fitness. It's two days after our last psych class and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't suffering from serious Lauren withdrawals. I never thought I would miss being glared at so much. I guess you learn new things about yourself every day.

I turn around and flash a cheesy smile in greeting, not particularly caring if I come off as too eager, I believe that you should let people know when you're happy to see them. What's the point in holding back on stuff like that? It's a beautiful thing when you know that you are genuinely wanted around. Or at least, that's how I see it.

I give the green eyed beauty a quick once over, trying really extremely hard to not stare creepily at just how stunning this girl actually is. She's wearing a green short sleeved button up, open, over a black tank top and black jeans. I don't even have to look down to know that she's wearing her infamous combat boots. God, she's so effortlessly attractive that it literally confuses the hell out of me. If I didn't already know that I was the gayest gay to ever gay, I would seriously be questioning my sexuality at the mere sight of her.

I look into her eyes, slightly squinted because of the sunlight and almost sigh out in adoration at how hypnotizing all the different shades of green are. I see a thick eyebrow go up and oh- words. This is the part where I'm supposed to speak actual words.

Oops.

"Hi Lauren! How are you on this beautiful and fine day?" I say brightly, hoping that I played off my obvious staring.

Her pouty lips pull up into a smirk for a second- which yup. I'm not slick.

Before I can turn red in embarrassment though, the unfair smirk disappears, and is replaced by a very very sincere smile. I almost clutch at my heart because of the serious palpitations that one smile is causing me. The smile is that amazing.

"I'm good, thanks for asking. I don't know what you think makes this day beautiful and fine, though. It's way too fucking sunny." Her raspy voice almost distracts me from actually hearing what she just said, almost because no one in there right mind would actually not listen to what she says so. I definitely heard her.

I smile, "oh come on!, it's like, perfectly sunny. Not too much, but just enough."

I almost say that it's beautiful because she's here, but I'd rather get to talk to her for a while longer before I scare her into running away. Sometimes you gotta pick your battles.

After I say this something so terribly unfair happens. It almost makes my jaw drop. No, it almost cures cancer. No, it almost stops the world from spinning.

She pouts.

"My eyes are sensitive, okay? I don't like when it's really sunny..." I'm dead. I have died. She's too adorable for words, jesus christ.

I am unable to contain a smitten sigh from escaping my lips, but quickly resume speaking so she doesn't have an opportunity to call me out on it.

"Okay but, it's the perfect weather- well maybe not perfect since I'm very much partial to the rain, but it's still so beautiful. Like, everything is so shiny because the sun is softly reflecting on it and there's an occasional breeze that makes sure it isn't uncomfortable out... It makes me want to sit outside and just-" I quickly close my mouth when I realize that I've definitely been talking way too much.

I look down in embarrassment, feeling heat creep up my neck. My eyes squeeze shut, not wanting to see a freaked out look on her beautiful face. This is usually the part where people awkwardly excuse themselves so they can get away from me.