Chapter 9

When we walk in it's silent except for Daniel's quiet snores.

"He's sleeping." Mariah says disappointedly. The nurse puffs up his pillow and smiles at us.

"Sorry you two didn't get your visit. He's just drained out but you're allowed to stay the night if you would like." She tells us.

"Wanna stay?" Mariah asks and I nod my head yes. "I'll text my mom." To think I almost lost Daniel and now I'm in the same room as him. You don't know half the happiness I feel right now. Just knowing he's ok is enough for me.

"Let me give you two a tour since you're staying the night." She showed us where the vending machines were, bathrooms, showers, the cafeteria and kitchen.

"Thank you." We tell her. We say bye to everyone except Daniel's mom, she's staying the night as well. After Mrs.Sepulveda left to go get clothes and other things Mariah and I talked until we fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up and check the time. It's eleven o'seven.

"We had to give him a quick checkup in another room." The nurse tells me when she notices I'm ok. Mariah and her mom are still sleeping. I might as well go shower.

• • • • • 45 minutes later

That was a nice shower, especially after all the stress. They even had a hair dryer in there. I walk back to the room and quietly put my bag in the room.

"The cafeteria is serving breakfast." The nurse points in the direction. That lady is so helpful. I make my way to the cafeteria and go through the line collecting a delicious crepe breakfast. I take a seat near the door then take a sip of my orange juice.

"Cassandra mami." I nearly choke on my juice and shoot my head around. Daniel stands behind me looking good as new. He opens his arm and I run into them and hug him so tight.

"I missed you so much, Daniel, oh my God how much I missed you."

"Then show me." He leans in and we kiss. "I'm so sorry for putting you through that. I'm such an idiot sometimes." He has his hands on my waist.

"Yea, yea, yea, all that matters is you're here now." I kiss him on the cheek. "Did you eat yet?" I take his hand and we walk to the line.

• • • • • 1 week later

"Did you take your vitamins yet?" I call out upstairs to Daniel.

"No because they taste like shit!" He yells back.

"Watch your language!" Mama Nicole yells from her room.

"Yea, Daniel!" Mariah yells from her bedroom.

"I wanna yell too!" Jaiden comes from the living room and shouts while going upstairs. Skyler screams then laughs.

"Up." He raises his hands and I pick him up.

"Stop yelling!" Daniel's dad comes downstairs.

"No!" Everyone yells except Skyler and I.

"Ah, this is my family huh." He says and I laugh.

"Aye!" Dev and Kev come inside yelling with D and Tati behind them.

"You guys, too." His dad laughs then goes to the kitchen.

"It's lit!" Lexi, Jazzy, and Shari walk in dancing right after them.

"Dorney Park, Dorney Park, Dorney Park!" DTW, Mike, John, and Jalen cheer. Shania walks in behind them just smiling.

"Who's ready for the three hour drive?" Seth and Michelle shout.

• • • • • 3 hours and ten minutes later

"We're here!" Daniel's dad stops the car. After a few more minutes everyone got here and we hand in the tickets we previously bought.

"I'm riding that huge one over there and you're coming with me." Daniel drags me to this humongous ride. This looks terrifying.

"I don't think I can ride this." I tug on his arm.

"Come on, you'll be fine. We got fast lane bands, let's go." We go through the other line and take our seats.

"Dani, I wanna get off."

"It's ok Cassie, just hold my hand. It'll be fun, I promise." With that we take off.

~~~~~~~~~~

That was terrible but really fun. As soon as the seat thing lifts up Daniel takes my hand and we run to the building that shows your pictures. He finds our picture and laughs.

"We can't even see your face because your hair was in the way." He pulls one of my curls. "Next ride?"

"How about we go on a calm one, like those cups." I point to them and he rolls his eyes.

"Those are boring, you really wanna get on that." I pull him to the line.

"They're not boring, they're tranquil." I say in a sophisticated accent. The ride starts and he sits back bored. "Stop being so boring." I start to spin us with the wheel. "Spin with me." I only insisted because it was hella hard to turn it by myself but I wasn't gonna admit that. He'd call me adorable and pinch my cheeks. He starts to spin the wheel then goes faster and faster.

"This actually isn't that bad." He says. I think we're the only ones spinning this fast.

"You just had to make this ride fast, didn't you? You couldn't just enjoy the peaceful slowness of this ride."

"I mean I gotta do it fast, that's how you like it." He winks at me. I look away smiling. Once the ride is over we decide to go to the water side of the park. Daniel already has his shirt off and sits on the bench waiting for me.

"Oh sorry." I giggle and put my phone down. I take off my clothes. Once my shirt is off and I can see, I catch Daniel looking at me up and down licking and biting his lips.

"After we leave this place....mm." He shakes his head and takes me to a long line. My parents happened to be right behind us.

"Hey you two." My dad says. "Having fun so far?"

"Yea." I say and Daniel nods.

"Jacob Felsa?" Someone yells from down the stairs. We all look at each other because we all know he was supposed to be dead. And I thought this was over.

The chase never ends.

The End