Chapter 4

School has been terrible. Literally everywhere I go people stare and ask questions about me and Daniel. I mean I love us but it gets annoying talking about the same thing. Don't even get me started on the guys. They're always like "Hey, baby, you should ditch Lil Veda and come to me." I say in a deep voice.

"Oookaaayyy." I turn around and see Kev standing at my door hesitant to walk in.

"Sorry, I'm just really upset. School is supposed to be fun and educational yet all I can focus on is the gossip." Kev sits next to me and awkwardly pats my shoulder. "What was that?"

"I was making you feel better." He laughs then puts an arm around me. "You wanna know the real person behind this? That idiot you call your boyfriend. He's too cised you're dating him and loves to talk about you all the damn time. I love you Cassandra but no one wants to hear about how gently you snore when you're sleeping." I laugh.

"That's cute how he talks about me." I think about him.

"Now people are all interested because you guys actually love each other unlike most high school relationships. They nosy and wanna mess up good things."

"I see but anyways, you and Dinah?"

"I just didn't get the idea yet, I'm a slow thinker, alright." He takes his arm back.

"Are you scared she's gonna say no?" He lays on his back. "Awww, Kevin. That is so cute." He throws a pillow at me. "She obviously likes you. Why would she say no?"

"Because of fucking DTW. He always flirts with her and gets her blushing. I feel like she likes him now. I should just not ask her out anymore."

"That's just because she's Dinah. The girl blushes at everything, believe me I know." I lay down next to him.

"Do you think she even still likes me?"

"Is that a serious question? Of course she still likes you. You're half of what she talks about." He has a big smile and snaps.

"I know just how to ask her out." He sits up.

"Really?"

"No. I thought the idea would just come to me like in the movies. Help me, Cassandra."

"You're being such a baby about this, Kev, just ask her sincerely when you guys are alone and get it over with. Take her to the basement or something."

"I got it! For real this time. I'm gonna ask her in the cave." He stands up.

"Finally." I mumble under my breathe. "Go get her." I encourage him.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Lunch time." Mr.Sempson calls out. It took me a while but I finally know his name. We line up and head to lunch.

"Veda!" Someone shouts. We turn around and see John jogging towards us. "Hey Cassie." He gives me a side hug. "I gotta talk to you guys, no jokes." He pulls us to the side.

"Please don't tell me this is organization shit." Daniel says.

"Cris works at this school. It's Mrs.Johnson." John whispers.

"I thought you guys said she travels a lot and it'll take a long time to find her." I say.

"She does, I guess she came here and took this job. Now that she's in the area, CCCÉ probably heard about it. Rumors say they sent agents here already to find Cris." John looks around.

"Any news about Seth?" Daniel asks.

"He's coming back when Michelle does and as soon as he hits the borders no doubt he won't hear about Cris. Then he'll be on a hunt for her. I tried getting alone with her to talk but she only thinks I'm hitting on her. I don't blame her, all the Seniors think they have a chance."

"Damn, we need to finish this. Isn't Michelle coming tomorrow?" Daniel runs his hand through his hair.

"Yep." I say calmly but I'm really scared for my life. I just wish this whole organization stuff can be over.

"Come on people, you can talk and walk, it's not that hard." Ms.Piercy snaps at us.

"Doesn't Mrs.Johnson hold after school detention?" Daniel asks with a slight smile.

"Yea, why?" John asks.

"You gotta get in trouble, my friend." He puts a hand on his shoulder.

"Nah man, I got a clean record. I don't even know what I can do to get in trouble."

"One, that's BS, you know you always get in trouble. Two, you know exactly how to get detention." Daniel gives him a look.

"No, I am not doing that."John quickly shakes his head no.

"Just do it, that's like the only thing you can do without getting arrested or something." Daniel reasons.

"Isn't there something else I can do?"

"Wait, what are you guys talking about?" I ask.

"He has to smack her..." He whispers in my ear. "Dinner with Andre."

"Dani, what the hell are you saying?"

"Her fanny." He whispers and I still show confusion. "Her tokus. Her posterior." He whispers again but I still don't know what he's saying. "Her culo, damn." He says kinda loud and laughs because people turn around.

"Ohhhhh." I exclaim.

"Why do you know so many names for that?" John purses his lips and raises an eyebrow.

"I do my studies." Dani brushes off his shoulders. "But anyways, that's what you gotta do. And do it halfway through Study Hall so they have to keep you after school."

"You just wanna see me in trouble."

"Yes, seventy five percent of my doings is to see you do it and get in trouble. But twenty five percent so you can tell her." Dani flashes a 'good luck' smile and gives a thumbs up.

"You're a bitch, Veda. Why can't you do it?"

"Ummm," He holds my face with one hand by my cheeks and shakes it left to right. "duh. You're single though, so have fun." Daniel laughs. John flips him off as he goes to a line.