Chapter 2

"Tomorrow we'll talk more about what you're going to be learning the rest of the year but here's the syllabus." She hands them to us as we walk out. Ms.WhatsHerFace is really prepared, made a whole schedule for the year.

"Aye, Cassandria, what's your next class?" She asks.

"Cassandra." I correct her polite as possible because I don't wanna get in her bad side.

"Oh, Cassandra, sorry girl." She laughs again. This girl laughs at everything.

"I have Math."

"I have Reading." She says a bit disappointed. "Do you have Social Studies next?" I nod. "Great, see you third period." They all walk away.

"An hour and fifteen minutes with those girls are way more than enough. Now we have another period with them." Dinah sighs and we start walking.

"At least we get a free period before that though." I say and she nods. "Wait, where are we going?"

"I was just following you." She stops walking.

"I thought you knew where we were going so I was following you."

"Why would I know, Cassandra?"

"I don't know, maybe you took a tour before or something."

"I was with you since we got to school. When would I have taken a tour?"

"Ok you're right, do you think they have like a map here or something?"

"A map, Cassandra. Really?" She crosses her arms.

"You guys lost?" A guy with curly hair asks.

"Yea, we need to find, Mrs.Johnson's class." I tell him and he leads the way.

"I'm going there, too. I don't wanna sound like a creep or anything but you're dating Veda, right?"

"Yea."

"It's just word spreads really fast around here." He laughs. "But you, you're single, right?" He smirks at Dinah. This girl melted like ice cream.

"Ummm......" She gets lost in his eyes and he chuckles.

"I'll take that as a yes for now."

"But she kinda is taken, like a guy has his eyes on her, and she knows that." I squint at Dinah who's still drooling over this kid. I'ma help Kev but he needs to hurry up because Dinah needs to be chained before someone else gets her.

"Who?"

"Kevin."

"Alston?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Yea." I tell him and he shrugs. We follow him into a class and see our friends in the back. This class has four rows of eight desks right next to each other. When we all sit down it's Devin at the end, then Tati, Kev, D, Dani, Me, the other guy, and an empty seat.

"Oh you met DTW." Dani points to my left.

"Who's-Oh, that's his name." I turn to him.

"Well, my name's Devin, but his name's Devin so they call me DTW." He explains.

"Does that stand for something?"

"Actually it does, I'll show you what it stands for later."

"Dude." Daniel gives him the 'really' face.

"I was kidding, yeesh." He laughs.

"Good morning class, my name is Mrs.Johnson, that's right, Mrs., I'm married." She wiggles her ring and the guys in the class groan and mumble.

"How was it with Alyssa?" Daniel whispers in my ear.

"It was alright, I guess. She wasn't exactly mean."

"Did she say anything to you?" He asks with concern in his voice.

"No, don't worry." I smile at him.

"Shania, you're late again."

"Sorry, Mrs.Johnson." She takes the only seat left, next to DTW. I like that nickname, it sounds cool. I wonder what it stands for though. He checks her out as she sits down.

"DTW back at it again with the flirting." Dani whispers to me as DTW talks to Shania. She blushes like crazy and looks down fiddling with her fingers. She's so shy.

"As you should know, this is Math class. My number one rule, to use the bathroom you have to answer a variable equation. They shouldn't be hard unless you didn't take middle school." A bunch of people roll their eyes. These teachers are weird, man.

"Bruh. I guess I'm never gonna use the bathroom in this class."

"You don't know variable equations?" I ask Daniel in shock.

"I mean I do but I get confused by myself sometimes." He tells me honestly.

"I'll tutor you sometime." He smiles back at me.

"This is why you're my girlfriend." Just as he finishes saying it a few people turn around then whisper. Is it that much of a big deal that I'm dating him? I feel like I'm gonna get murdered if the wrong girl found out.

"It's the first day, and I'm known as the cool teacher because I don't do anything on the first day. So, go ahead, mingle amongst yourselves." Then she goes to sit at her desk.

"Shania, where's Tina and Alana?" Kev leans over to talk to her.

"They don't have this period with me." She says. "And it's Trinity and Alyssa." She says even quieter than she was before. Kev mouths 'okay' and raises his eyebrows and then continues to talk with Dinah.

"Why do you hang out with them again? You're so sweet, and shy, and gentle." DTW has a flirty tone. Shania blushes. He's right though, she's so different compared to them.

"Shania, this dude horny as hell, don't listen to him with his flirty ass." Dev tells her.

"Don't make me getchu Devo, yo Tati, this nigga be getting boners ten times a day off of you, no lie." DTW laughs loudly.

"You can shut the fuck up now." Devin laughs himself because he knows it's true.

"Um language." Dinah looks between them.

"Exactly, keep my baby's ear innocent until I come around to whisper in them while we making love." Kevin covers her ears but I'm sure she heard that clear.

"Yooooo, we don't need to know that." Daniel nudges him wih his elbow.

• • • • • 1 hour and 10 minutes later

"You all are dismissed." Mrs.Johnson says as the bell rings. Everyone floods out the room to go to their next period.

"Hey, Dani." Alyssa says in the flirtiest way possible like his girlfriend wasn't standing right here.

"Mm." He glances at her then rushes into the class. Just another hour and fifteen minutes with her, it won't be too bad, hopefully.