Chapter 6

"Where are we going?" I hop in his mom's car.

"We gotta get to school in case John and Mrs.Johnson need help." He revs up and engine and we drive off.

~~~~~~~~~~

We try to open the front door and it's locked. We go to the two other doors and they're locked too.

"Window?" I suggest.

"Good thinking, ma." We go to the basement window and he opens it. He climbs through and I carefully go in feet first. He catches me and we tiptoe through the school.

"What's the plan?" I ask and we stop walking.

"I honestly don't know, I just can't think straight right now, my head is pounding." He takes a second to breathe and hold his head.

"I love you." I surprise him with a hug.

"I love you too, Cassandra. You ok?" He looks at my face.

"Just in case something happens I want you to know that I love you." I grip tightly on his shirt.

"Don't worry, babe-" He tries to comfort me.

"I feel like we're gonna die." I honestly tell him.

"Cassandra, I'll make sure you don't die, ok?"

"What about you?"

"I don't know, but let's just focus on now." He takes my hand and we continue walking. I can't imagine this ending without Daniel. Anxiety washes over me. All of a sudden we're pulled from each other in different directions.

"Daniel!"

"Cassandra!" He almost breaks from the person's grip but they grab him again and so does a second person. His screams get faint but you can still hear him yelling at the people who took him. They drag me all the way to this room and tie me to a chair. Once the lights turn on I recognize the two people. Alyssa and Shania.

"What?" I say in shock. "W-Why would you guys do this?" I try to hold back my tears.

"We're in the CCCÉ, duh. A bit of advice you should tell us the password like now." Alyssa turns on a TV. It shows Daniel tied up to a chair with a few wires on him. I already feel like crying. "We're just gonna watch this play out." She clicks a button and another screen slides in with Mrs.Johnson and John tied up back to back.

"I swear I don't know the password." She says calmly to the two people walking around them.

"Give me your arms." The one guy says and they stick them out. He puts something on their arms then back up again.

"Do you know the password or not?" He interrogates them.

"No." They say at the same time. The two men whisper to each other then look at the camera and nod.

"You're still not going anywhere." The guy tells them before Alyssa makes them slide out and now I'm just watching Daniel. I look closer at the other person and notice it's Seth. A little later Michelle walks in and glances at the camera.

"Daniel Sepulveda, you know, I thought we were good friends. Until I found out you betrayed me. So you and Cassandra dating?" Seth asks but Daniel doesn't say a word and keeps a straight face. "Oh so now you don't wanna say anything. Answer me, Daniel."

"I know you put the truth chip on me." Daniel says through gritted teeth.

"Yea, we did, thanks to Alyssa. But fine, since you don't want to be cooperative, we'll just read your thoughts." Seth clicks something on his watch. Daniel glances around the room and notices the camera then stares straight at it. He shakes his head and looks down.

"I couldn't find that Mike guy." Trinity busts in the room saying. Alyssa rolls her eyes.

"I can't believe you're doing this, especially you Shania. You're better than this. Why do you follow them?" I ask her but she cowardly stands there silent.

"Because she knows without us she'll have no other friends." Alyssa scoffs and Trinity laughs.

"You're seriously gonna take this, Shania. Do something, don't let them take advantage of you like this. Please." I beg her and she looks between us.

"I-I....gotta go." She runs out and they laugh.

"See, now shut up so we can watch this." Trinity watches the TV.

"Are you and Cassandra dating?" Seth asks again and reads the screen. "So you are. I'm thinking after we brainwashed you realized you should stick to your organization and try to get the password again, right?" He turns to it again.

"Shit, the silent alarm is on, I'll be back." Trinity leaves and closes the door.

"Wait, was Cassandra even brainwashed?" Seth turns back with a surprised face. "What happened with that?" He walks up to Daniel. "Stop trying to think of other things and answer my questions. Come on, Daniel, focus. The more you resist the more it hurts, just give me the answers." He checks the screen and has a satisfied smile. Daniel looks overwhelmed and exhausted.

"What's happening to him?" I ask worriedly.

"The more you resist the truth the more pain you feel. Damn, he really loves you, he's burning his insides trying not to answer." Alyssa chuckles and shakes her head.

"So that means you both must know the password, huh?" Seth stares at the camera then back at Daniel laughing. My heart skips a beat. "Stop resisting, you're hurting yourself, man, just tell me the password." Daniel's breathing slows down and he starts to go limp. The camera glitches then blacks out. My jaw drops and I turn to Alyssa.

"Let me go! Untie me, untie me!" I try to wiggle out the ropes but they're too tight on my wrists.

"No, do you think I'm stupid? The second I untie you you're gonna kill me, I'll pass." She picks at her nails. Just then I remember mom gave me a ring. Yes, that thing has a laser. I try to use it but accidentally burn myself. I try again and cut the ropes. The sound of them hitting the floor makes Alyssa's head shoot up.

I launch out my seat and jump on her. I pull her hair and punch her face repeatedly. She pushes me onto the counter but then I kick her as she tried to run at me. I windmill punch her ass then drop her on the ground.

"Bitch ass." I dump a stack of papers on her before leaving. I tie my hair up while running to Mrs.Johnson's room but bump into someone in the way there.