Chapter 3

"Lunch is in two minutes." Mr.SomethingSon announces. Alyssa and them sat right next to our table. DTW had another period.

"So how long have you guys been dating?" Alyssa has been very intrigued by our relationship. That's all she talked about the whole period.

"July eighth." I answer. Daniel stopped answering after ten minutes.

"You guys fucked yet?" Trinity asks. They both were resting their heads with their chin in their palms open-eyed staring at us.

"Don't you guys have something better to do like pay attention to the teacher." He stands up getting a little pissed.

"Daniel Veda." The teacher exclaims. "I heard about you. Not surprised you're disrupting my class like this." Daniel rolls his eyes and sits back in his seat.

"I heard about you." He mocks the teacher.

"Since you want to be disruptive and ignorant, answer this question. What tax was introduced in England and Wales in 1696 and repealed in 1851?"

"Window tax." He says with ease. I ain't even know that was a thing.

"In which military campaign did Lewis Halliday and Basil Guy win Victoria Crosses in 1900?"

"The Boxer Rebellion."

"Mmmokay, just don't interrupt again." The teacher continues going over his rules.

"That's our Veda boiii, History King." Dev shakes him and Dani let's out a small smile.

"So, you guys fucked yet?" Trinity asks again.

"You for real asking me that again? Nah man, you buggin'." Dani shakes his head and ignores them. They turn to me as if I was gonna answer the question. I know I can't yell at them like that but I can ignore them like Daniel is.

"You know what, it's lunch time, line up." We line up and start walking to lunch.

"You ok?"

"Yea, I'm good." Daniel holds my hand.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Quickstop." Kev blurts out then hugs Dinah with his face in her hair. "So puffy, ma." After getting to know Kevin these couple months I've noticed he randomly says random words that usually make no sense. But it's ok, he's funny.

Lunch was ok, Alyssa and them didn't sit at our table. During Study Hour they didn't say anything either, not after how mad Daniel was. It is not fun to see Daniel mad. I remember this one time he almost got mad at me because I accidentally ruined his Adidas.

∆ ∆ ∆ ∆ ∆ Flashback

Ugh, I told Kev not to leave my window open. I walk over and close it struggling a bit. Let me go shower. I start walking to my closet but something catches my eye near Daniel's Yeezys. Oh my gosh, there's a huge centipede halfway in his shoe.

"Dani!" I yell but he doesn't come upstairs. I take a deep breathe. I panic so grab the nearest spray I see and spray the bug. It only goes deeper into the shoe and I squeal. Shit, that was my glitter spray paint. "Shoo, shoo." I wave at it. "Dani!" I yell again.

I pick the shoe up and my hand shakes like a chihuahua. I start to turn the shoe to chuck it out but it crawls deeper and I almost drop his shoe out the window.

"Yea babe?" Daniel's deep ass voice scared the hell out of me and I drop his shoe. I turn around with my hand in front of my mouth. "What happened?" He looks around the room and sees one of his shoes missing then turns back to me. "Cassandra, did you throw my shoe out the window?" He looks out and sees his shoe in a mud puddle. "What the fuck is that on my shoe?"

"I'm so sorry, Kev left the window open and this big centipede got it and it was in your shoe. So I panicked and sprayed it with my glitter spray paint. And then I accidentally dropped it out the window." I quickly explain.

"Cassandra, what the hell is your problem? Why would you spray my fucking shoe? My Yeezys, man!" He starts to yell at me.

"I tried to call you but you didn't come." I say quietly feeling like crying. I look down and back away a little.

"Shit, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have yelled at you like that. I'm sorry, I heard you the first time, it's my fault for not coming." He tries to give me a hug but I turn around and cross my arms. "Don't cry, babe. I hate it when you cry." I let him hug me but don't hug back.

"You're a meanie, but I accept your apology."

∆ ∆ ∆ ∆ ∆

I remember that day, I made him buy me ice cream. That was some good ice cream. My mom honks the car and we get in. It was the first day of school but I'm happy it ended. We got homework from our Math and Social Studies teachers, it was this personality thing. But I finished it during Study Hall.

"How was your first day?" My mom asks.

"Good." We all say at the same time.

"Great." This is why I love my mom, she doesn't pry. When we got home my mom made snacks for us and they were delicious.

"What school does John go to?" I ask.

"He goes to our school but Seniors start next Friday." Dani sits next to me. I didn't know he was a Senior. Michelle is in college but she says she's gonna visit us soon. I miss her so much. Mike's home-schooled but he comes over sometimes. School changes a lot. This is going so great, but I feel like I'm forgetting something. It's probably nothing though.