Chapter One: Congratulations

It's been almost a year since everything happened in Washington. Steve and I are doing better than ever. The wedding is only another year away. Planning wasn't exactly easy, not with everything going on. We've both been very busy since the downfall of SHIELD and the man hunt we've started.

Steve, Sam, and I have been working a lot on trying to find Bucky. So far, it hasn't been very successful. Each time we thought we were close, the ball of yarn would once again unravel. 

The Avengers initiative has kept us all busy, several Hydra bases have been discovered since Natasha released those files all over the internet. We've all been working nonstop trying to snuff out the rest of Hydra. It was hard to find much downtime, let alone plan a wedding. 

"Morgan, did Tony call you yet?" Steve asked me as he walked into the room, cellphone in his hand.

As I went to tell him that Tony didn't call me yet, my own phone started to ring. The screen lit up with a picture of Tony.

"Speak of the devil," I told Steve with a smile before answering the phone.

"How can I help you today Mr. Stark?" I asked, my voice full of sarcasm.

"You really should be more perky Smith, Rogers might get tired of the sarcasm after awhile," he replied smartly.

"If you missed me you could've just said so Tony," I shot back. I couldn't help but keep the sarcastic smile off my face. 

"Okay, I didn't call for your much appreciated banter Smith. I need you and Rogers to come to the Stark tower, now."

He hung up without another word, which left me quite confused.

"Did he say the same thing to you?" I asked Steve, after filling him in on what Tony wanted.

"Yeah that's all he said to me too," he replied.

"Well let's go then. I would hate to leave the princess waiting," I told Steve.

He grabbed my hand and lead us out of the new apartment we got. This one wasn't too different than the previous one we had, just less blood on the carpet.

~

We arrived at the tower and the rest of the team were already there.

"This isn't an intervention is it?" I asked skeptically. Steve wore the same confusion I did.

Tony came strolling into the room. He then handed me a box. I looked at him wearily, I didn't quite trust everything he handed me. Not after the last time he gave me a 'gift'.

"Tony what is this?" Steve asked him.I knew he was just as skeptical as I was. The thing he sent us last time was a star spangled lingerie set, and lets just say Steve wasn't amused.

"It's your engagement gift of course. Why else do you think we're all here?" he asked.

"For something Avenger related?" I said back to him. I had no idea this was planned at all. The way Tony had hung up the phone it had sounded like something big was happening. 

"Surprise," Natasha said quickly as she walked up to Steve and I. She handed me a small present as well.

"Oh you didn't have to do this," I told all of them.

"Uh they didn't. I did," Tony butted in.

"I'm glad you've stayed modest Tony," I replied quickly.

The rest of the team came up and congratulated the both of us. Steve and I both feeling slightly awkward being the center of the attention, kept telling everyone thank you. The only thing we seemed to be able to say to them after all of their generosity. This was very different than the other times we were around the entire team, we were either fighting bad guys or sarcastically talking to one another.