After effects

The next few days passed and I ignored Colton. He’d tried calling multiple times. He’d banged on my door, but I’d made my dad shoo him away. He even tried throwing pebbles at my window. I didn’t want to see him or talk to him. Couldn’t he just leave me alone? I did the hardest thing possible and he had to go and rub it in my face. He just had to see me, didn’t he? I didn’t know how I would face going back to school after this and seeing him every day. In a way I was glad, because at least he’d have Marissa now. He would stay away from me.

I groaned as I rolled over in bed, hearing a hailstorm outside. I frowned, wondering how a sudden hailstorm had occurred. It had been so sunny this morning…

My eyelid batted open and I was faced with the clear skies outside my window. Where the hell was the hailstorm? Was I imagining things? Was this a side effect of the body swap? Oh God… we weren’t swapping back were we?

I got up whilst heart beat quickened, and checked in the mirror, before sighing in relief as I caught sight of my boobs. Never before had I been so glad to possess such glorious creations. Each time I saw them, I was reminded that I was in the body that I’d been born in.

I heard the pelting of hail again before I walked over to my window. Looking down, I saw a shower of pebbles hit the window. I opened the window and leaned out to see Colton.

“Colton?! Go away!” I hissed, hoping my parents wouldn’t wake up.

“OPEN THE DOOR HAILEY OR I WILL KEEP SHOUTING!” Colton screamed at the top of his lungs. I glared at him, feeling my heart beat pick up as the tears prickled my eyes. I walked away from the window quickly and jogged downstairs to open the door for him. If my parents woke up and found him outside my window shouting, it would not go down well for him. Regardless of the fact that he’d ripped my heart into two, I still cared about him. I didn’t want my dad to kick him in the face.

I sighed before opening the door.

“Upstairs. Be quiet,” I spat, before sneaking back up to my room. I couldn’t risk talking to him downstairs in case my parents came downstairs for some unbeknown reason. At least I could lock the door in my room.

I shoved him in roughly and closed the door gently before locking it, hoping that my parents hadn’t heard the door close.

“What?!” I hissed, glaring at him.

“Did you mean what you said, Hails?” Colton asked. I flinched as I heard his nickname for me. It cut deeper inside me.

“About what?” I mumbled, ignoring the answer. I didn’t want to give him the satisfaction of knowing what he made me feel.

“You know what, Hailey,” Colton snapped, seeming frustrated. I glared at him and walked towards my window to avoid speaking. “Hails, please, talk to me… Do you love me?” Colton whispered, reaching out his fingertips, to touch my shoulder from behind. I whirled around to glare at him. The built up anger and tension inside me was finally breaking free.

“Yes, I do, ok? Are you happy now? I love you! I-” I didn’t get to finish my sentence, because Colton pressed his lips against mine hungrily. I stumbled backwards, our lips still interlocked, before his hands wrapped around my waist, exploring my back and then tangling in my hair. I could barely kiss him back as I tried to make sense of the situation.

Colton pulled away to take a breath for a second, but a second was all I needed. I tugged my body away from him, feeling the pain well up in my eyes in the form of tears.

“What about Marissa?” I whispered, feeling the tears fall across my cheeks. Colton came closer to me, backing me up against the wall, before the pad of his thumb gently wiped away the tears rolling down my face.

“You’re so insightful about everything else… yet you don’t realize that for the past three months, I’ve slowly been falling in love with you too,” Colton murmured. I felt my heart freeze as I watched him. His full, soft lips curved up into a smile as he watched my reaction. Was he lying? Was this a prank? Was he trying to get me back for the hell I put him through for the past three months?

I looked up at his eyes and saw something I’d never seen there before, not even when he looked at Marissa. It was like longing and passion but there was a slight veil of anxiety.

“You meant it, didn’t you? When you said you loved me? It wasn’t just to switch us back?” Colton whispered, his voice wavering slightly. I felt my heart melt as I saw the vulnerability in his eyes, before taking his face in my hands.

“Yes, I meant it… I love you Colton,” I told him, before pressing my lips against his again. Colton jumped into action, his hands curving down my body before picking me up and placing me against the window ledge. My legs wrapped around him as he deepened the kiss, before walking us over to the bed and dropping down onto it softly. Colton’s lips traced mine and I opened my lips, allowing entrance. Memories of the past three months flashed before my eyes as I remembered our drunken kiss and the way we’d play fought at the resort. The way he’d looked at me so many times, the way we’d ended up inches from each other’s lips. Everything made sense now. Suddenly I could see what I’d missed before. I was so busy being caught up in my own love for Colton, that I never realized he’d started to feel the same way.

Colton pulled away softly, his eyes tracing my features as he smiled.

“You know I woke up every morning for the past three months – even when I was so pissed off at you that I didn’t even talk to you – and never failed to look in the mirror and stare at how beautiful you are,” Colton whispered, his lips brushing mine as he spoke. I smiled up at him, running my fingers through his hair. Colton pressed his lips against mine, slowing down the kiss to prove what he’d been feeling for the past three months.

I smiled as I kissed him back whilst he removed my dress gently. Colton pulled my underwear off with ease and paused for a moment just to revel in the kiss. I smiled and synchronized my lips with his, letting the final wave of built up emotions from the past three months wash over me. I was overwhelmed with love and excitement, and most of all happiness.

Oh my god cheese fest alert. Sorry ^_^ It's not over yet!

Remember to check out my new story 'I Promise You'!

Comment & Vote :) xx