On her hands and knees

*longer chapter for not being able to update. It's 6 pages long because I was away for 6 days ;P -well technically it was five but today is the sixth day so yaeh -*

Colton jogged up to me after school as I pulled my books out of my locker, glad to head home after a long day.

“Colton, I have to talk to you!” he started, raising the pitch of his voice by quite a few octaves.

“Shut up, I don’t talk like that!” I hissed. “What do you want Hailey?” I asked, sticking to our plan of calling him my name.

“You have football practice, silly, don’t you remember?” Colton explained. My face set into a grim look.

“You have got to be kidding me,” I snapped.

“Come on, football season just started! You have to go practice!” Colton whined. I clenched my jaw as I glared at him.

“Fine, then you have cheerleading practice!” I sneered. Colton’s eyes widened. “See you later babycakes!” I teased, before walking towards the boy’s changing rooms. This was going to be a long day.

*

“Fake left, Colton, for God’s sake you’re playing like a woman!”

“No, curve to the right!”

“High kick, get it to Milton!”

“The goal, Hudson, for the love of God, aim the bloody ball towards the goal!”

The coach continued to shout at me as I screamed and jumped out of the way to prevent the football colliding with my face. Could you blame a girl for not wanting to chip her nails because of football practice?

I groaned as I flopped on the bed next to Colton.

“Your coach sucks. He called me a girl like thirty five times today! Then the guys all made fun of me for playing like a woman!” I whined.

“You what?! Ugh, Hailey! I’m the quarterback!” Colton groaned.

“Well, sorry for not being born with the talent of playing football to perfection. In case you forgot, I was born with a vagina, Colton!” I snapped, glaring at him as he rested his head on the pillow next to me. Colton sighed and wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

“I’m sorry, Hailey. I’ve just been stressed out,” He apologized. I rolled my eyes and ignored him. “Cheerleading was great!” Colton started, trying to get me to talk to him. I took the bait, turning my head to look at him, alarmed by how close we were.

I shook it off and pretended not to feel my heart thump loudly as I felt his breath fan against my face. “I had no idea you were so flexible!” Colton complimented, eliciting a giggle from my lips.

“Well maybe you would have noticed those things if you weren’t glued to Marissa’s face all the time,” I sneered. Colton snorted and turned to look at me.

“You sound like a jealous ex-girlfriend,” he teased. I scoffed in response.

Colton watched me in silence for a while, before his eyebrows rose.

“You are jealous, aren’t you?” He accused.

“Oh please,” I responded, hoping he wouldn’t notice the beads of sweat forming on my temples.