The Small Vial

I sighed as I chewed on the inside of my lip, staring at him. Colton Hudson. He was everything that I wanted, except there was a little string attached: his girlfriend. I glowered at that prissy, dull bitch as I stabbed my meal with my fork. Why did she get him? What made her so special? She wasn’t even pretty, not really. She had brown eyes and brunette hair and she was short and stumpy. You’d think that a guy like Colton Hudson would choose me – a blonde haired, blue eyed, leggy goddess. I mean I was so ridiculously good looking, it was practically cliché.  But apparently he was into ‘what’s on the inside’ or some shit like that. Secretly, I think he was just with her 'cause he got to hit it. I mean why else would he be with her?

There was something about that couple that irked me. I think it was partially because, before that stupid slut moved here, Colton had always been the school stud. Then she moves here from some unknown place like Nebraska or Tokyo – I didn’t really know nor care – and she just steals his heart like a desperate little thief. She turned the previous ‘heartthrob/player’ into a mushy pile of goo. He changed for her. That’s what I don’t get. Why he’d change for a girl like that. No-one had ever been able to change him.

 Not even me.

*

Hey Colton,” I called, waggling my fingers flirtatiously as he walked past. The dumb slut next to him didn’t even glance at me. I’d have appreciated her at least seeing me as competition. It’s not like I was completely hopeless. I mean I could have him if I wanted, I just didn’t try because… because I didn’t want to. Not that I was afraid of him rejecting me.

Colton’s eyes flickered from his plaything to meet my gaze for a second. He nodded at me briefly before turning back to face his stupid girlfriend.

Whatever.

The little she-devil went by the name of Marissa Pebbles. Horrible, common name, if you ask me. I have a much prettier name – I guess that matched my looks.

“Hailey!” Oh God. I rolled my eyes, groaning under my breath as I ignored the caller. “Hey, Hailey! Didn’t you hear me calling?” He asked. I sucked in my cheeks as I continued to glare at the infuriating couple walking away from me.

“Yes. I heard,” I responded through gritted teeth.

“Oh…well… we’re having a party tonight. Wanna come?” Jason continued to pester me. I took a deep breath as my eyes travelled towards the skies.

“Fine,” I responded, desperate to get him to leave. 

Jason was part of the majority of the boys at school who attempted to get into my underwear. Unlike a certain Mr. Hudson, the rest of the boys at my school had common sense – or at least, enough of it to realize that they should be with a beautiful woman like me. Not some straggly haired, buck toothed bitch.

My jaws clenched together as Colton opened the car for she-who-shall-not-be-named. I hated that he was being a perfect gentleman. I hated that she was acting like a perfect girlfriend. I hated that their whole relationship was perfect. But it shouldn’t be. Because she was the furthest from perfection that I’d ever seen.

“Hailey, what are you glaring at?” It was Hannah’s voice this time. Apparently Jason had taken the initiative to leave before I spat in his face.

“Nothing,” I muttered, ripping my eyes away from the reversing car; and walking towards my own car. That slut didn’t even have a car. She had to beg Colton to take her places. God, she was so needy and whiny.