Chapter 12: My Savior

Chara was rated a 9.0 out of 10. That was going to be tough to beat. Especially since I was now going to be docked points for not having a partner. My dance would have to be perfect. No messing up. I would also have to change it slightly, since I don't have a partner. What was I going to do?

As time passed, it was getting closer and closer to my turn. My panic and fear was only getting worse as contestant number five went on.

I wasn't sure whether I was mad or worried about Sans. Who could he possibly care so much about as to stay with that bitch? It couldn't be me. I was just a childhood friend. He couldn't have feelings for me. I remember he'd say that when we got older we'd get married, but then the two of us would laugh at his joke. Maybe it was selfish, but I wanted him to like me instead of whoever this girl was. When he had said he was worried about this girl, I felt like I was just kicked in the gut. He likes someone else. I knew he would eventually, but it hurt more than I thought it would.

That's when I realized, the music had stopped. The girl and her partner walked off stage, leaving the announcer to speak again. I took a deep breath as the man spoke, "Our sixth contestant of the night, is a girl from Snowdin, close to Hotlands. Please welcome, Y/n L/n!"

I took one last deep breath and then walked out onto the stage. There were so many people, I couldn't believe that many people could fit in the theater. I could see the judges. They were looking at me, slightly confused by the fact that my partner wasn't with me.

I ignored it and looked to the pianist, making eye contact and then looking back into the audience.

The first cord played and I began to dance. In my head, I counted, making sure I kept to the rhythm. I used the duet parts and made them into my own solo parts, but when I looked down at the judges, I noticed them writing in their notes.

Dammit.. I'm not doing good enough..

I almost wanted to cry. I needed a partner. Chara was going to beat me and then I'll have lost my dream. I was over. My dream was crushed before my eyes.

That's when I felt a hand take hold of mine. It partially scared me but I went with it and spun around in their hand. It wasn't Sans. His hand wasn't boney. This one was.. familiar. Since my eyes were closed for the moves I was doing, I couldn't see who it was. Until, I finally opened my eyes.

Grillby.
______________________________
I had won fifth place. I was going on to the next competition. Chara was in fourth.

Grillby had taken me home and gave me a cream soda and a cookie. I stared down at what he had given me, and then up at him, "I thought you were working today.."

"I was, but I closed early to see you dance. I saw Sans outside when I got there, so I came inside. I saw you dancing all alone, so I did what I had to."

"But how did you know the dance??"

"Simple. I watched you practice many times. It wasn't hard for me to learn," He said as he cleaned out the glass cup with his dish rag.

I wasn't sure what to think. Grillby saved my dream. He danced with me so that I could continue on in the competition. He was always trying to help me, and he saved my dream from being shattered.

"Th-Thank you.."

He looked over at me and nodded, "Your welcome. Not eat up. You should celebrate and not worry about anything."

Sorry this is so short.. I would make it longer but I wanted to get a chapter out to you guys, so.. here it is.