chapter 24

L A U R E N

Conor shouted at everyone to shut up. The room went silent. I started laughing in my seat. They all just stared at me.
"Sorry... You can start Con. Don't worry about me." They continued to stare.

"What are you laughing at?" Jack asked.
"Nothing, don't worry."
"I wanna know now."
"Just the way Conor shouted so loud to get everyone's attention. He could have done it the normal way but obviously chose not to." We continued.

"Okay so for those of you that don't know, i am Jack's older brother... You should know that though. Anyway i just want to start off by congratulating Jack and Lauren, the newly weds!" Everyone cheered.

"And i want to say how proud i am of you both! This has been a long time coming and you've finally achieved your dream Lauren. I still remember when you went into that long ramble, before Caleb was even born, about how you want things to go. You got your way. And got another kid in the bargain." Everyone laughed.

"I remember you said after Caleb you would try again for a girl. That would be it, for now, and even if you didn't get a girl you wouldn't care. Well look at that, you've got the girl you were hoping for and another boy in the mix! Just have one more to make the number even! I know you said you wanted Jack to propose then you'd hopefully have a girl and then you'd get married... Well that happened. Everything you wanted to happen,
happened!" I feel so happy in this moment.

"Jack, I can remember your first reactions when you saw Lauren. Your exact words were, 'omfg shes fit!' I suppose I could agree but you know, I'm with my girlfriend and she's now your wife. It would be weird if I called her fit!" Conor thinks I'm fit... well that's interesting.

"Yeah but she is! And always will be!" Jack looked at me and smiled.
"Anyway... We all know how nervous you were when you were asking Lauren out. I can picture in my head now what it was like when you asked her to marry you too. That was crazy!" It was very crazy!

"You two have never really had a fight. Touch wood I didn't jinx that. You're both great for each other. You get along so well and know exactly how to care for each other! Jack, when Lauren's ill you turn into this really loving and caring person. Why have you never done that to anyone else?" He's the most caring person ever when I'm ill. It's adorable!

"I love her man! I need to make sure she's not ill and still good. But even so, I'll look after her!"
"But anyway... I'm going completely off topic. Now for some more congratulations! I'm so happy for you both and your little family is going to be incredible! So finally... Sorry for making this so long! And now, congratulations to Mr and Mrs Maynard!" Everyone screamed and cheered. I'm guessing half to congratulate us and half that Conor is finally finished!

It was my dad's turn to do a speach. He did a very quick one and congratulated both of us. Now it's Jack...

"Where do I begin?" He looks nervous.
"When we first met?"
"Okay. That's a good starting point. I was a bit hyper when we first met so I'm sure I came across as a weirdo. As Conor said, my first words on you were literally omfg shes fit! And I still think it to this day. As the years went on, I got to know Lauren even better. We became quite close friends you could say. Then we got very close and turned our friendship into a romance. That ended up with us having 3 children! We love each one of them so much and I couldn't ask gor a better person to be their mum!" Awwww.

"Now when I asked her to marry me... That was just, insane! My heart was beating so fast and I was hoping it would work. There was this feeling inside me that she was going to say no. But in the end I got a yes and of course were here today! So thankyou everyone for coming. We both appreciate it so much! But anyway, thanks so much guys! Let's party!" Everyone cheered and raised their glasses. Jack sat down and kissed me.