Chapter 28:To break a heart

1 year later....

It's been a year since the conjunction between the Ice Dragons and the Winter Wolves.Of course,we've had our fair share of problems,as well as near-death situations.But the good thing is,the Wolves have finally started to see Soryu as their leader,and respect him.Before this,they were all hesitant to put their trust in him.But after awhile,they started to trust him more and more,and have begun to develop respect for him.

My dad,Jimura hasn't been seen since that day.We've been on high alert,but thought nothing of it since it has already been a year.Things have been peaceful recently...too peaceful....which aroused my suspicions,as well as Soryu's.We've both been on guard as we checked for anything that's not ordinary in the HQ.

Finally...Jimura decided to strike.

It was during one day,when Soryu was out on some business,taking some of the men with him.There were only about a dozen men left at the HQ since the others were out doing something too.I was in Soryu and I's office,going through some papers when gunshots rang out in the once silent base.

I immediately took the gun from under my chair as I sprinted,and hid behind the door.I heard footsteps approaching as my grip tightened on the gun.The door slowly swung open and I opened fire,killing the man.There were others behind him as they quickly rendered me useless by punching me in the gut,causing me to fall over as they quickly pinned me down.

I tried to strike back,but nothing worked!The men that were in front of me,moved to the side as someone approached me.The person was wearing a hood so I couldn't identify the person.

"W-who are you?" I hiss as the man pulled back his hood,revealing his face and leaving me in shock."Y-you-!"

Jimura smirked as he bent down to my level and looked me in the eyes."Hello there dearest daughter" he said in a sickly sweet tone which disgusted me.

"What the fucking hell are you doing here?!" I hiss at him as his eyes narrowed and...

*SLAP!!!*

"!!!"

I spit out blood as I glared daggers and bullets at him.God,I wish I can just kick him in the fucking-!

"Tch,you're wasting my time you cocky brat.Your stupid husband will be back any minute now,and I'm gonna leave a little surprise for him.Think of it as payback for embarrassing me and kicking me out of the Wolves!" he sneered as he placed a bomb underneath Soryu's desk and my eyes widened.It's set to go off in 10 minutes!

"Now then,you're coming with me." he says as he pulls me up and push me into the arms of one of his men.I try to lash out at him,but nothing worked!Even when I kicked the man in a place where other men would have been keeling down and crying over,he didn't budge!

They pull me out of the headquarters,and into a black mini van.I sat in between two men who held onto me,restricting my movements.I cursed in my brain as I saw some black limos approaching,knowing it was Soryu.In one last vain attempt,I stomped down hard on both men's legs as I got away from them and tried to open the car door,only to find it locked.

"Damnit!" I shout as hands grabbed me again.The car started to speed away as I looked behind me...

*BOOMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!*

"NO!SORYUUUUUU!!!!!"

I scream as I felt tears run down my cheeks.I hear the men beside me snicker but I didn't care about that!

Soryu....Soryu....

No.....

Soryu....I...

I felt my sanity crack as I imagined Soryu dead.

~Flashback~

"Soryu?Where are we going?"

I asked as Soryu held my hand tighter and continued walking,ignoring my question.I huffed as I followed along,my curiosity increasing.

But then,Soryu stopped and pulled out a blindfold as he tied it around my head.

"Come on,we're almost there" I heard him say as we continued to walk.I felt my feet step on something soft.

Grass?

We stopped soon after that as Soryu undid my blindfold and I let out a gasp.

We were facing a waterfall with luscious green grass and trees surrounding it.I saw the food that was on the ground on the picnic blanket and I laughed as Soryu blushed.

"Soryu...did you make the food?"

Soryu blushed some more as he nodded.

We sat down and began eating when I felt something being slipped on around my neck.I looked down to see a gorgeous necklace.It was a sapphire crystal attached to a long silver chain.

"Happy birthday Carolyn..."

~Flashback End~

Soryu....

I felt my sanity slip away as I felt my heart start to crack.

AUTHOR'S NOTE-PLEASE READ

Hey there everyone!So I'm here to say three things!

FIRST!

-I'm super sorry for not updating in what seems to be 2 weeks!Reason:I've been getting too caught up on my reading!I'm very,very sorry!That's no excuse to not update I know,please forgive me!

SECOND!

-From now on,I'll stick to updating twice or thrice (haha) a week.I'll inform you at the end of my chapters on when I'm updating next and you have my word that I'll stick to it!If my update times are unusually long,that means I'm either too hung up on reading or I have something going on at school and at home.

THIRD!

-Thank you so much to my readers for putting up with me and this story!For all your votes and comments and support!I'm so happy right now!

LASTLY!

-Please comment and thank you!

NEXT CHAPTER DUE ON:SUNDAY