Chapter 17:Getting closer

The next morning,I woke up,only to find Soryu's side of the bed empty.

He must have woken up already....damn,what time is it?

I peered over at the clock....10am.

I stretched as I stood up and made my way into the bathroom.Huh...is it just me,or is it kinda warm in here?

I shrugged it off as I proceeded taking off my shirt,only half-awake.

"C-carolyn?!"

A voice came from behind the shower curtain as Soryu looked at me in shock.I stared at him for awhile,before my face turned red and redder as I quickly put my shirt back on and turned so I'm no longer facing him.

"W-what are you doing in here?!" I shouted,embarrassed,as I tried to cool my hot face.

"Uh...taking a shower?"

"W-well why didn't you lock the door?I-idiot!" I snapped as I quickly pulled open the door and slammed it shut.I slowly slid down the door until I'm sitting on the floor as I buried my head in my knees.

Thank god I was wearing my bra!If I wasn't...t-then....

I blushed again as I thought about it.

~~~

After I had my shower,along with some breakfast,I was sitting in the living room,thinking on what to do today.Subaru was dealing with something so he's out.I sighed as I stared at the television,which had some boring cooking show on,bored out of my mind.

"Carolyn?You're still here?" Soryu came in and sat down beside me.I started to blush again when I remembered the bathroom incident.

"Y-yeah....what about you?Don't you have any meetings today?" I asked.

"No,I'm free today....so uh,you wanna go out anywhere?" Soryu asked as I thought about it.

"Yeah,why not?It's not as if I could get as bored as I am now." I muttered as we exited the mansion.

~~~

We stopped in front of what looks to be a mall as we got out and went in.Soryu said he wanted to go to a bookshop so we headed there first.To be honest,I was going to suggest going there too.

Soryu went to look at the mystery section while I went to look at the guns section.I picked out some books when I caught a glimpse of a 'new arrival with 50% discount' banner,hanging on top of the comics section.I peered over the bookshelves to see where Soryu was.I saw him reading a book there so the coast is clear!

I sneaked over to the comics section as I picked up my favourite comic series,the prince series.It's about 9 princes who are studying at a prestigious school in order for world peace to be attained.The 7th series is out now,along with the 24th series for my other favourite series,candy meow!

I know what you're thinking.Aren't you too old to be reading comics?Well my answer is: Yes,yes I am.But I don't care.

"I never knew you liked reading comics" 

Soryu's voice shocked me as I jumped,dropping the books I was carrying on the floor.

"J-jeez!Warn someone before sneaking up on them will ya?!" I huffed as I picked up my books.Soryu took one of the comics off the shelves as he looked through it.

"So...why do you like reading these?" he asked as he looked at the comic,and back to me.

"I-I don't!They're for my cousin!" I lied as I blushed.

"Yeah...sure" Soryu said though his expression tells me he doesn't buy it.I let out a huff as I turned away.

"Fine!It's mine,got a problem?" I snapped as I continued to blush and walked away,making my way to the check-out counter.I paid for the books as I stepped out from the shop,Soryu following behind me.

"Is there any particular reason why you like it so much?" Soryu asked again as he took the bags from my hand,much to my protest.

"I like the story and it teaches me about different moral values." I replied as we continued to walk.Soryu nodded,as if he understood.

"I see,maybe I can borrow it from you after you're done?"

I halted in my footsteps once he said that as my eyes widened.Soryu stopped too as he looked back at me.

"You...don't think it's childish?" I asked quietly.Subaru's always teasing me about buying these books,ever since we were young and my father basically scoffed at me while saying "I can't say I didn't expect this".

"Hmm?No.If you're learning something from it,then it's alright right?" Soryu said as I looked at him.

His words tugged at my heartstrings as I felt my lips curl up in a smile."Yeah..I guess it is..." I said softly as I went to him and grabbed his hand."C'mon,I'm hungry"

I felt him tense up at the sudden contact as I realised what I had done and was about to pull away when Soryu tightened his grip on my hand and gave me a soft smile.

"I saw a cafe somewhere near here.Should we go there?" he asked as I nodded and he pulled on my hand to lead me there.My heart was beating in my chest as I blushed when I looked at our hands.

His hands...their so warm....

I gave his hands a gentle squeeze as he squeezed mine in return.

Man...I really have caught the love bug...haven't I?