Chapter 14:A possible rival

We stop in front of what looks to be a restaurant.

"Huh?" I managed to say before Soryu pulled me in.We sat down at a seat by the window as the waiter brought the menus.I was about to say something when Soryu said:

"What would you like?" he asked me as he looked at the menu and I was about to say something again when he ordered for us.

"Hey!I never said I wanted that!"

"Then what would you like?" he asked and I blushed,when I realised I never had the chance to read what was on the menu since I was so busy,focusing on him so I just shook my head embarrassedly as the waiter took our orders.Once he left,I immediately asked:

"So what's this for?Are we meeting someone?" I asked as Soryu crossed his arms.

"Is there a problem with me bringing you out to lunch?" Soryu said back.

"W-well no but uh..."

"Then it's fine" Soryu said again as I sighed.

The food arrived and no more was said as we ate.

~~~

After we ate,Soryu brought us back to the penthouse where we saw Ota sitting on the couch,staring ahead as if deep in thought.

"Ota?What're you doing?" I asked as I waved my hand in front of him to get his attention.

"Hmm?Oh,Carolyn,you're back!Hey,I got it!You can help me!Come on Koro!" Ota suddenly jumped up excitedly as he pulled me hand and into the elevator.

Why do I get the feeling that I keep getting pulled around today......

We went to his studio as I looked around in wonder.There were unfinished paintings on some easels and the paint and paintbrushes were arranged neatly on one of his shelves.Ota quickly set up another easel and told me to sit on one of his chairs and to not move.I did as I was told while watching him rush about,getting his tools.

"Remember Carolyn,don't move!"

~~~

"Carolyn!I told you not to move!"

"Ota!It's been 3 hours!Are you done?!"

"I would be if you didn't keep moving!Now hang on a sec,I'm nearly finished!" Ota retorted as his fingers moved gracefully across the surface of the paper and he finally set his palette down as he sighed in contempt."There!Done!"

I went around to look at his finished masterpiece and gasped.

It was a picture of me!I looked at it in adoration as I picked it up."Ota,can I keep it?Please!"

"Sorry Koro,no can do!I'm keeping this for myself!"

"Eh?But why???"

Ota suddenly blushed as he mumbled "personal reasons"

Ota untied his bandanna which he tied around his head to keep his hair out of his face as he smiled and grabbed my hand."C'mon Koro!I'll treat you dinner for helping me!"

"Ota!I'm not a dog!" I shouted as he laughed and pulled me along.

~~~After dinner~~~

"That was delicious Ota!Thanks!" I said as we walked back to the hotel.

"Mmm!No problem Koro!"

"Ota..."

"Whoops!Sorry,ahaha!" he said,not sounding sorry at all."You know....this feels like how we were in the past huh?" Ota said as he smiled gently at me as I smiled back.

"Yeah...we always went for dinner after work and all...." I said,remembering the past.

"I've missed you Carolyn...."

Ota said abruptly as I turned to look at him and he looked away.

"Yeah....I missed you too Ota...but hey!It must be fate that allowed us to meet again!" I joked but Ota barely cracked a smile."Ota?Is something wrong?" I asked,concerned when a car pulled up along us.The window rolled down,revealing...

"Soryu?What are you doing here?"

Soryu glared at Ota for awhile before turning to me and said:

"Hop in,we're going home"

I guess we're staying at his place tonight....

I opened the door as I waited for Ota to get in but he didn't.

"You go on ahead Carolyn,I've got something to do,back at the hotel"

"We could give you a lift if you want" I said,oblivious to the angry aura radiating off Soryu.

"Nah,it's ok.I'll walk.Night Carolyn"

Ota gave me a brief smile before walking off....alone.

Soryu P.O.V.

I've got a feeling that Ota likes her.....and the bad thing is....

I'm never wrong.....