Chapter 12: Cafe Crave

The picture above is by dymx from deviantart.

I'm going to try to now find and credit all those who made these beautiful works of art. Wish me luck while I go through the millions on the Internet....

Sakura's POV.

"Ino, you can sit there and glare at me all day or you can talk to me. Either way I'm going." I stopped looking through my clothes and stood by the walk in closet's doorframe. I leaned against it as I talked to Ino.

She sat on my bed that was currently covered with my favourite creme coloured quilt. The reason I adored it so much was because of the giant blossoming tree that decorated it.

It was right after my mother's funeral that I decided to start out fresh. The quilt was the first item that I had bought. 

Getting reminded of those days had me wishing that I could have been as strong as I am now back then. It was hard as an individual to deal with the loss of a women who was always there for as long as you can remember. But I had not dealt with it all alone...

Ino was there when I purchased the quilt. She was there the whole time.

She was keeping me sane and strong. Ino has contributed to the person who I have become now.

Ino took a deep breath and let out a sigh. "Look, Sakura, I hate it when we argue. You are my best friend. We have quite literally known each other since diapers. I'm only trying to protect you. If you get hurt by the same people we've dealt with in the past, I won't be able to forgive myself. Sakura, I only want to keep you from getting hurt. I'm so sorry I yelled at you like that last week."

I can't blame her at all. She's just trying to be a good friend. Ino has always tried to protect us.

  I ran a hand through my soft pink hair, feeling the silky strands between my fingers.

Gosh, I feel terrible. I'm being so selfish right now. "I'm really sorry too, Ino. Your only doing what you think is right. I won't go out with Sasuke if that's what-" I was desperate for her forgiveness.

"-No, it's okay Sakura, have fun. I mean it. Sakura just please be careful. I'm not sure we will be able to get through something like the past, again."

Ino got up from my bed and gave me a hug but we soon pulled apart to see Tenten and Hinata by the door.

"Wow, it seems that we were worried for nothing. Both of you made up already! It was way quicker than I expected. Hinata and I were waiting for the yelling and banging to start."

I raised an eyebrow. "Agreed, it was faster than the usual make up situations. I think we may be maturing at the age of 22, Ino." I laughed a little, while the girls smiled back.

"Yeah, I guess so. Although in my opinion, 22 is far too young to mature." said a grinning Tenten.

"Well I've got to change and get going. I'm going to be late!" I turned, walking to my closet but stopped mid step when I heard Ino speak.

"Okay. I'll help you, because that shirt girl.. I don't think so. You aren't going for a visit to grandma's..." Ino murmured the last part while she swiftly walked past me and into my walk in closet.