Chapter Sixteen

Unedited Chapter

*Recap*

“Well, maybe it’s a problem then.” He whispered.

My eyelids popped opened. What? I stared at him wordlessly, waiting for him to continue. “Maybe it’s a problem having a best friend that is constantly up my ass.”

And just like that, ladies and gentlemen, my world came crashing down.

Continues...

Have you ever feel like you just want to jump off a cliff? Or do something to at least make you feel something inside of you to get rid of this emptiness? That’s what I feel like right now. Numb. I don’t feel anything at this moment.

A drop of tear bounced off of my hand. I don’t even bother to wipe it away, just let it trailed down on its own until it drops on the ground. My shoes lightly brushed the dirt on the ground as I push myself lightly on the swing. Children surrounded me, feeling with joy and laughter that I envy so much right now. I wish I was in their situation now. I couldn’t stand the liveliness atmosphere so I drag myself away from the park and headed elsewhere.

I don’t know where to go so I just let my feet take me away. My eyes stared down, focusing on the pavement and ignoring people’s stares.

“Oof!” Okay, I should have look where I was going because I just bump into someone and feel myself fall butt first.

“Oh my god! I’m so sorry! Are you ok- Lucky?” I looked up to the person who suddenly knows my name. Jack! He immediately kneeled down in front of me and checks me to see if I was badly injured. Don’t worry, it’s just my pride. “Let me help you get up.” He offered his hand and I grab on it pulling myself up. I dust off any dirt on my pants and adjusted my bag.

“Thanks Jack.” I said while giving him a small smile.

“No problem. Where are you going anyway?” He asked, in which I shrug my shoulders since I have no idea where to go. “Oh, do you need to go anywhere important?” I answered his question by shooking my head. “Well then, come on. You are going to have a fun day out with the amazing Jack Barakat!” He exclaimed.

Well, it’s not like I have anywhere else to go so I agree to his suggestion. He took my bag to place it on his shoulders and grab my arm quickly and run off to somewhere, dragging me along.

***

My stomach feels like it’s about to split open from all the laughing I’ve did. Jack has been an angel, cheering me up since we met. He’s such a laugh! So far, we stole ice-cream from an ice-cream truck, made so much noise in the library until we were chased out by the librarian and making a riot by singing out loud of our favourite songs in the park until the parents pulled their children away from us. I haven’t had that much laugh for so long.

I wiped away tears forming at the corner of my eyes. Right now, we are grabbing a bite at McDonalds. Jack sat in front of me, shoving his burger into his mouth and at the same time, trying to shove some fries. Let’s just say, he’s a messy eater. His side of the table is already full of bits and pieces of his food. It’s amazing he hasn’t choked yet. (A/N: I don't really know how he eats but let's just pretend)

“Thanks Jack.” I thanked him, suddenly. He stopped eating to look up at me.

“Why?” He asked, his forehead crinkled in confusion. I smiled at him.

“Thanks for cheering me up. Before I bumped into you just now, I was really down.” I heaved a huge sigh and took a sip of my coke. He didn’t say anything for a while and put his half-eaten burger down.

“You want to talk about it?” He offered, his eyes flashed signs of concern. The offer was tempting but I was reluctant to do so. It involves his best friend so I’m afraid he will inform Alex. “Hey, I won’t tell anyone. I swear.” It took me a couple of minutes to decide before slowly nodding.

I only told him about Zayn’s weird behaviour and him being unhappy of how close Alex and I are. Of course, I told him who Zayn was since he hasn’t met him before. But I left out the part about me liking him. That is too embarrassing for me to say it out loud. Jack didn’t interrupt me and only nodded at appropriate times. I must say, he’s a good listener.

I ended my story until today’s incident, when Zayn made a complete fool of me in front of everyone. Jack was deep in thought so we sat in silence for a while.

“You do know what this means right?” He asked, all of a sudden, snapping me out of my daydream. I titled my head sideways, waiting for him to continue. He rolled his eyes and suddenly, he put his hands on both sides of my head and pulled me towards him until we are nose to nose. For a second, I thought he wanted to kiss me! “He likes you, Lucky!” He exclaimed loudly. “How can you be so blind?” I shook my head out of his grip and lean back on my seat. I look at him wide-eyed as his words registered in me. Zayn? He likes me? That’s impossible! He has Sally! I took in a huge breath before opening my mouth but nothing came out. No… It’s impossible.

“H-He… He has Sally.” I stuttered.

“Lucky! He does! He does! It’s obvious!” He pointed out again, like a little kid trying to prove he’s right. I just shook my head vigorously. It’s a stupid conclusion!

“Then tell me why does he keep asking you if there’s something going on between you and Alex?” He pointed out. I let out a sigh and didn’t say anything. “It’s because he’s jealous.” He continues. “He’s just confused.”

“Confused?” I repeated his last word.

“Yeah, confused. He’s with Sally but he’s angry whenever you’re with Alex. So he doesn’t know which one he likes better.” He casually shrug his shoulders. I twisted my mouth as I was deep in thoughts. But I thought he really like Sally? What do I have to do in this picture? Oh, Zayn… Why do you have to do this to me? I buried my face with my hands. “Hey…” Jack called out. “Don’t stress yourself about it. You just have to let him figure this one on his own. You don’t have to do anything about this. You can continue hanging out with Alex.”

I pulled my head out of my hide out and look at him.

“But it’s going to ruin my long-term friendship with Zayn and it’s not worth it.” I told him. He was quiet for a while.

“Okay, how about you give Zayn some space for him to figure it out, then you can talk it out with him.” He suggested. It sounds like a good idea so I nodded my head.

"So..." He slowly drags the word. I lifted one of my eyebrows, suspiciously looking at where he is about to head to. "Do you like Alex?" I almost choke on my own saliva. Immediately, I can feel myself getting hot in the face.

"Um...N-No." I answered, failing to cover my stutter. He gave me a mischievous smile before continue eating his burger, wordlessly. I silently thank him for dropping the subject but there's a hint somewhere deep in me that this guy will not let this go.

How I wish my life was so easy like before...

***********************************************************************************************************************

So this chapter is just a filter. I didn't put alot of effort in making this because I'm stuck. If you guys do not know, I don't really have a plot prepared for this because I rather go with the flow in it.

I just want to have some Lucky and Jack bonding session.

So pre-university is starting for me and I have projects here and there and also their datelines are really close. It's as if we have no life after school and I want to waste my life by doing projects -_-"

I will try to update at least once a week but I apologise in advance if I break this promise.

Anyways, enjoy a gif of Jack Barakat being the cute man he is...

COMMENT.VOTE.FOLLOW

Have a good day/night