Chapter 26 Welcome to Italia

~Elliot~

My eyes snap open to see Clara sat opposite me. A strip of duct-tape secured over her mouth. Her hands strapped onto the arms of her chair and her legs the same. I find myself in a similar position. But whereas I struggle at the restraints, she appears calm. She shakes her head at me and I stop

I try to say something. But my mouth is well and truly secured. It comes out muffled. I sit back rather uncomfortably, looking around us to try and figure out where we are. The concrete and windowless walls give nothing away, I remember waking up and staring up to the ceiling of what looked like a plane. But then something was injected into me and I was out of it again until now.

There is a sliding door to my left, but the glass is cloudy and you can only see shadows and silhouettes of people as they walk by. I gulp nervously and turn back to Clara to see if she knows where we are.

Her eyes remain blank, giving away nothing. I clench my fists and stare down at my shoes. My head aches and I feel slightly dizzy with it all.

There's a buzz and the door opens to reveal two rather hefty men with guns staring straight ahead. Their eyes are dark, their lips pressed firm together and expressions grim.

"Well come on then, move please" a voice says impatiently. The men step into the room and they side step to reveal two similar men standing behind a smaller man in a suit. With faint stubble and blue eyes. But with a sinisterly evil smile on his face.

He strolls past us and stands at the end of the room, with his back to us but his arms crossed over the back of him. The two of the four men with guns, step forward slightly.

"Take off the mouth restraints" he says simply, but his voice is thick with an accent and he says it with an unpleasant tone. My mouth tingles painfully and my eyes water as the tape is ripped from my mouth. We both look over to the man who spins round to face us.

"Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Alfonso and I'm going to be your entertainer for this evening!" he announces, turning to smile wide at us. I shift, if that's even possible, further back into my chair.

"Well, well, well, Clara, who's this?" He smirks, hand lying on her shoulder and staring over at me with his dark blue eyes. She flinches at the touch, one of her hands twitching, but doesn't say anything.

He raises his eyebrows at me, I look over to Clara, should I tell the truth? She nods and her shoulders fall as she exhales.

"Elliot Samuels" I say, looking up and looking at him straight in the face. His blue eyes survey me closely and widen slightly, with what I dread to say, looks to be excitement.

"Oh Clara you have been busy. An English boy? Don't know if dear old Papa will be impressed..." He trails his hand over the top of my chair and I flinch away from him, something about him makes my hairs stand on end. Clara doesn't even look at him once.

"It took me ever so long to find you Clara. Simple matter of hacking your system and security cameras. Then we found you, then we tracked your face and found your school...oh and now" he laughs and it rattles through him like some sort of machine. "Now, I can use you to my full advantage"

"Let me guess?" Clara suddenly looks up and challenges him, her eyes blown and furious as she stares him down. "You're going to use me to get to Dad right?"

"Oh a sassy one. How delightful. I'll have fun playing with you Ms Devoto" he smirks and my hand clenches and I feel my jaw clench. "There's really no need to be so rude, we're wasting precious time here Darling. The sooner we're done, the more time you'll will have" he points to the security camera. Which swivels suddenly.