Chapter 16 Disconnections

Hey,

So that last chapter huh? Hehehehehehe >:)

I realised something recently when I was reading someone else's book, they were apologising about having a lot of dialogue in that particular chapter and I thought 'but my books are probably something like 70% dialogue. And I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing :P.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy! Sorry it took so long!

-Lx
---

~Clara~

I sigh, curling my fist and knocking on the door. The sound echoes throughout the empty corridors, I yawn, covering my mouth with my hand and rock on my heels as I wait for him to answer. I glance down the corridor at the concrete walls and many doors that line the wall. I watch a few men

Including Vince, Marco and Junior enter the room where the muffled chatter of what sounds like quite a big crowd of people comes from. Vince notices me and smiles hurriedly before rushing into the room.

"Come in" his voice, gruff and tired voice sounds from the other side. I snap back to face the door I take a deep breath, push against the wood and step in, closing it carefully behind me. The room is silent, cold almost, odd for it to contain such a warm and loving guy. You'd thought he'd maybe add a photo or something to brighten up the place.

He continues to write without looking up, his eyebrows creasing in concentration, a few lines dented into the bronzed skin of his forehead. He glances up at me and suddenly his whole face converts into a smile, there's the warmth. I sigh in relief, it can't be too serious then.

"Clara! Tesoro, you didn't have to knock to come in, I've always got time for you" his eyes seem to have lit up just at the sight of his only daughter. I nod in response.

"I just thought I'd be polite Dad" I shrug, stepping forward slightly. "You can sit, please do!" he motions to the plush cushioned chair in front of his desk. I go-ahead and slump into it, crossing my legs as he intertwines his hands.

"So, you wanted to see me Dad? I heard from Marco earlier"

"Oh right! Yes! Just wanted to have a little catch up" he grins wide and folds his letter up away from my eyes and shoves it into a drawer. His eyes flicker across my face and his smile falters slightly, he seems guilty, worried maybe even slightly anxious.

"You seem...different" he observes. Hazel eyes fixed on mine as he leans forward towards me, idly resting his head onto his right palm.

"Different...how?" I ask slightly confused, tilting my head to try and figure him out. What's he getting at?

"Well...I mean, your hair hasn't got blue in it anymore" he nods to the colourless brunette strands of wavy hair on my hair. I slightly consciously, twist my finger around a front section of it. Looking away from him for a few seconds before looking back.

"I took it out, but I'm kind of liking this new all natural thing. Don't you like it?"

"Oh no, I do! It's just um...familiare how is that said in English?"

"Familiar. Familiar how?" I question, Dad seems to be at the beginning of listing other things he's noticed about me and how I've changed.

"I mean. It makes you look so much like your Mother"

I don't reply. His words leaving a deadly silence, the recent words that Milo and Nona spoke of her linger in my head and i feel nothing but pity for him. I reach across the wood and place my hand on his. He looks up and the small smiles reappears.