Chapter 10 Meet the Family

I haven't uploaded in about a month and I'm sorry...unmotivation, school and staring at a blank word document play their part there.

Any italics are because she is speaking in Italian, however if it is Italian it will be from Elliot's POV

-Lx
---
~Elliot~

Her hair blows around her like a hurricane in the wind. A beautiful hurricane nonetheless, but it certainly is something to watch.

Clara talks animatedly in Italian on the phone to someone, her knuckles white in contrast to her slightly faded tanned fingers, as she grips the phone hard. Her expression is hard and concentrated on what the other person has to say, yet she is definitely fighting her corner.

I'm currently stood alone outside in the almost deserted school car park; clutching my graphics folder to my chest, but also holding Clara's as I insisted I carry it for her. The sky above me is a dark blue streaked with brushes of pinks, reds and oranges. A few greyish clouds hang amongst the colours, standing out against the striking sunset.

My phone vibrates in my pocket, making me jump. I groan and place the rather large folders down to rest against the wall as Clara stands out of my ear shot on the phone. I wriggle my hand in my pocket to find my phone.

From: Hugo Sullivan :P
EL GOOD LUCK WITH CLARA TONIGHT ;)

Considering the context of his text, I still smile and laugh slightly, as I type back my reply with my hair hanging slightly into my eyes.

To: Hugo Sullivan :P
Whatever Hugh. It's just work with a friend.

I exit the phone app and tap on the little green phone, scrolling down the contacts until I find Mum's number, I breathe out knowing that I won't have to tell her what's going on until later because she's always busy, but at least someone will tell her that I called.

After about 3 rings, Olga's voice rings through the receiver, I clutch the phone closer to my mouth as I reply to her greeting:

"Hi Olga, I assume Mum's working from home today?"

"Yes Mister Samuels" she replies almost in a robotic-automatic tone like she has repeated the same phrase thousands of times, which to be honest she has done. "Your Father is in London today, big meeting, lots of big men in suits" I chuckle slightly at the way she says her English "so yes she is home today as he took the car"

"Oh right...um is she available or?"

"No...she host big skype call, not available" her heavy Russian accent that I've grown so used to sounds bizarre over the phone, and rather difficult to understand actually.

"Well if she asks where I am, I'm with a friend working on something for school"

"Are you with Mister Hugo?"

"Um...no"

"Miss Chloe or Miss Vanessa"

"No Olga" I laugh rather awkwardly, pulling at my school shirt collar and loosening my purple tie, feeling myself suddenly rather hot and itchy.

"You have so many friends" she says and I scratch my neck, looking up from the pavement to see Clara yelling at someone over the phone.

"Aha...anyway Olga...I've got to go. Just tell Mum I might be back late if she asks, if she doesn't notice then don't worry"

I imagine her to smile teasingly as her voice adds: "yes Mister Elliot"

***

~Clara~