Chapter 11:Gun

Chapter 11

Kora's POV

A shrilling sound reached my ears, i tried to open my eyes and examine where ever i was but i couldn't. All i heard were howls that screamed in pain making me shudder with absolute fear. I heard my name being chanted over and over again with agonizing tones that caused my heart to ache. Why couldn't i wake up? What was happening? My internal questions remained unanswered. I suddenly saw Sophie's face in my mind trying to warn Dustin and I that something bad was going to happen, the look of terror spread across her face once she got the message out.

Even though she warned us, it was too late. Whatever she saw in her tiny little head had happened not long after she scurried off to wherever she was now. My mind went dark after i her flashing eyes disappeared. Silence soon filled the empty aura as i started to have feelings throughout my body. I rolled over to my side still not able to open my eyes for who knows why? I groaned as i felt my ribs brushed against my arm. Suddenly Dustin appeared in my head....getting whipped with a silver whiplash and then kicked and pushed around as if he was a defenseless puppy, from him came to Beth. Her beautiful face was soon covered in bruises and scars that were bloody red, Kendra and James were tied to a chair opposite of one another with wires clipped to their finger tips electrocuting them as they keep trying to break through the wood with silver chains holding them down. But lastly, my beloved little brother was being pushed in water by a man with a dark look on his face, shoving his face into a ceramic bathtub trying to drown the life of out him. Their screams broke my heart and i didn't do anything to help. I couldn't.

I can't bare with the horrid imagery playing in my head so with all of my will and might i forced myself to open my eyes. The minute my brain realized that we were not where we were the last time; the pack house, i shot my back up straight ignoring the pain that sprung up and down my backbone. My eyes darted back and forth frantically and i had no idea where i was. My heart started racing and i was getting teary. After meeting Dustin and his friends, i felt a sort of love and friendship that i have never felt before, after meeting Carter i couldn't ever leave him out of my sight feeling a need to protect the only family i had left. Now the emotion that i had been feeling in the last 10 years back in the cage struck me hard when i found out that i was alone.

Again.

I've tried so hard to ignore that feeling that made me want to commit suicide right then and there. I looked over to my left and saw that a wall made of bars separated me with whoever was next door. I glanced over slowly and crawling cautiously over to the side that gave me a better view of who the occupant was. I saw a body lying lifelessly on the ground with a bruised neck and black eye. I rushed over to the bars and grabbed onto the cold steel trying to break it apart. Thank god its not silver.

Dustin was lying there looking so hurt it made me scream in fusteration seeing him like that. Why wasn't he waking up? My mind started racing with thoughts of him being dead. I shut my eyes and concentrated...trying to pick up the sound of his heart.

Thud thud thud..

It was beating steady. Relief flooded me making me slump to the ground runnning my hands through my tangled hair. It was good that he was still okay but what happened? Why was i removed from the pack house and trapped into this place with Dustin lying unconsious next to me, separated from the wall of bars. What happened with the others? Were they being totured as i imagined or was it just me and Dustin that was kidnapped? But i heard Beth scream...and Sophie looked so scared. A light bulb suddenly went on in my head.

"Carter! Where are you...?" I mind linked him. No answer. I tried again.

"Helll-loooooo, Carter please answer and tell me you're okay." Shit...no response. But i can't feel any pain from the sibling bond so i guess its okay.