Chapter 8: Fireworks

Chapter 8

Kora's POV

30 minutes of sitting outside on the porch of a pack house owned by a pack of rogues had to be the most awkwardest moment ever. My eyes occasionally met with one of the 4 people every now and then. There was a stiff tension lingering around in the air and we all felt it.

"I'm James" The guy who tried to snap Carter's neck broke the silence.

"That's Kendra, Beth, and Dustin." He pointed a finger to who's who. Kendra was a brunette with deep dark eyes looking very hostile, she was the one who got in my face earlier today. Beth was a blonde who looked anything but mean, her blue eyes sparked with happiness. Dustin was attractive with jet black hair and black eyes, i saw him and Carter making small talk laughing and slapping each other on the back. Then theres James, with brownish hair and hazel eyes that seem harsh but once you really look deep into them, you can tell he's has a soft side.

"I'm Kora.." I said my voice flat. Everyone stiffened at my response, probably uncomfortable by how i gave them all glares that could stab you mentally.

"Um...so before we..uh..encountered you guys, we were gonna get some pizza and hang out today to watch fireworks. You guys wanna come?" Beth asked with a slight smile. Wow, being invited to hang out with people i don't quite know yet was something I did not see coming. Before i could tell them no, Carter butted in.

"Sure, that'll be great! Kora's birthday is today anyways so lets go!" I shot Carter a what are you doing? look.

"It's okay, we can trust them". He mind linked me. I stared at him and nodded. I was about to strip behind a tree and shift until a female voice stopped me.

"We're taking the car." Beth chuckled. I quickly put back on the jeans and sweater i wore before and walked out from behind the giant tree, my face burning with embarrassment.

"Pshhhh...i knew that. Lets go." I quickly followed James and the others followed.

The car ride was kinda cramped in the black SUV, but at least it wasn't awkward. Dustin was the clown of the pack, i could tell cause all he did was make fun of the humans on the side of the pavement as the car strolled down the busy city streets.

"How can she fit that fat booty through the door? I'm amazed." Dustin said wide eyed staring at this lady trying to walk through the door. The car started laughing and i couldn't help but crack a smile. To be honest maybe Carter was right, they're aren't as bad as i thought. Kendra even seems to be nice to me every now and then. I guess the saying never judge a book by its cover is true.

About 10 minutes later, we pulled into a huge pizzeria and stumbled out of the car laughing from the little cat fight between Kendra and Beth. Something about who has better hair, i don't know. I kinda zoned out before the hair pulling and scratching started.

We walked on the sidewalk and into the front entrance of "La Pizzeria", and into a booth big enough for 10 people. I was told by James that 3 more people are coming to join us in a bit so we left 3 seats reserved and empty. Thud! I turned my attention from talking to Beth to see a whimpering Dustin on the floor while James was laughing his ass off.

"Looks like someone can't sit in their chair the RIGHT way." I teased.

"Oh shut up Kora." And then soon my ankle was grabbed and pulled to the floor next to Dustin laughing, I playfully punched him in the arm. He just stared at me with a lopsided grin.

"Guys the foods here, you can continue the googly eyes for each other laterrrrrrr." Kendra said slapping Dustin on the head. I quickly stood up, a blush spread through my cheeks. I didn't notice that we were staring into each other's eyes for that long.