Chapter 7: Grip

Chapter 7

Kora's POV

I don't know why i let my wolf take over, i don't know where all that sudden power came from, most importantly I don't know where i was during the shift while my wolf managed to break the cage as if it was a house made of blocks built by a child. I was so confused, yet no body had the answers to my questions....for now anyways. I'm determined to find out later on.

I stood there with my vision blurring in and out, i looked at my features seeing that they were more....different then before. My claws were a lot longer and stronger, my fur was no longer a dull brown but a majestic looking shade of violet as it shimmers in the light. I felt bigger and my bones definitely feel a lot more capable of doing stuff that i've never imagined doing before.

I snapped back to reality when saw my scared little brother in the corner of the basement staring at me with fear and admiration. It was awkwardly silent around us until he broke it by suddenly spraying me with perfume clogging up my poor nose. I backed away letting out a low growl causing him to roll his eyes. "Kora shut up its only perfume, its gonna mask your scent as we get the hell out of here now hold still." He teased sternly.

I huffed and puffed and seemed to relax a little as he stopped. "Follow me and whatever you do, do not make a SOUND. I have bags containing the stuff we'll need by the plant near the back door leading into the field. I"m going to need you to get those as i shift outside okay?"

I didn't have much choice but to listen to him since i could no longer stay here with the cage beat into scraps. I followed his steps out of the door and followed every instruction he directed. Usually i would've shifted back by now but something in me won't aloud that to happen.

I grabbed the bags in my mouth feeling they were a bit heavy, but didn''t mind as i walked out to see Carter in his wolf form. He had his clothes from before he shifted in his mouth leaving no evidence behind. He motioned his head towards the forest and i followed with nothing to say.

Carter's POV

After what i assumed would be about 5 hours of running, we stopped at a clearing, I mind linked her to tell her to shift. We both got behind trees a little distance between us as we shifted back into our human forms and put our clothes on. She walked out first, a scared look on her face. "Before you ask any questions sit down and let me explain everything." She nodded sitting down the on dirt.

"Okay, so i found out my parents let my mate die while she needed help. I found out that they were gonna do something terrible to you on your 18th birthday, which is today because they're afraid of the power you now consume. I needed to get you and i out of there to protect us both." I said it so fast i'm not sure if she even heard it right.

"I can't believe what I'm hearing right now, it all can't be true." She whispered to me.

"Oh but it is Kora..we did it though. We escaped, now we just have to figure it all out tonight on what to do now. Hey about about we get some sleep and i keep first watch" I smiled at her. I could hear her heart beat beating out of place as she was still terrified of what happened.

Kora's POV

I was watching over my sleeping brother cause it was my turn to keep watch. It was late in the afternoon as i woke up couple of minutes ago still a little groggy. As i was sleeping i figured everything out on my own. I was glad that i was free from the Pack House now, free as i'll ever be. I decided to walk around the forest a little since seeing there was really no harm anywhere here.

I picked up a little pink flower admiring the beauty of the little item in my hand. The sun kissed my skin, me letting it soak it all up. It's been a while since i got vitamin D in me anyways. I loved the forest greenery as i wished i had a camera to capture all this glory.

Until my neck started hurting, i fell to the ground in pain, my arms had 4 long scratch marks on them. I heard his scream. I ran in pain and fear for my brother back at the clearing where i left only a few minutes ago. There were the 4 of them, 2 girls and 2 guys. "Rogues..." my wolf growled inside, One of the bigger looking guys had Carter in a grip causing him to lose his breathe. I found enough courage in me to yell "LET HIM GO." I expected a confident but tough girl to sound, but instead it was a tiny girl that squeaked scared.

They all laughed. How dare they laugh, i saw Carter's face turning blue. I breathed in and out, trying again. "LET. HIM. GO. NOW." My voice was deeper, more powerful. They all stood in shock as he released him grip on Carter who was now crawling over to me out of breathe.

"Who are you two, and what do you want on our territory." The guy said loudly.

"We are runaways from the Black Moon Pack, i'm the Alpha's son and this is my sister. We mean no harm." Carter croaked out panting on the floor.

The pack scoffed as us. "Why would you be running away, and if you're the Alpha's son...why does she have an Alpha voice." He pointed directly at me.

"Because you don't know how they treated me there, you don't know how bad they hurt my brother emotionally, and most of all you guys don't know me. So don't make judgments you can't conclude too." I snapped.

One of the girls stepped forward as she got in my face.

"Shut up." She spat. All i did was stare into her grey eyes until the i saw the reflection of my own red eyes as she stepped back whimpering.

"She's a true Alpha..." She whispered and it all got silent.

They all stared at me, not knowing how to handle the situation. And it was just the breeze that was making the noise.

"Come with us" One of the guys said leading us deeper into the forest. Carter stood up about to follow them until my instincts shot my hand up grabbing his arm pulling him back.

"Why should we trust you , after you tried to kill my brother." I narrowed my eyes on the guy who was about to snap his neck.

"Because we're gonna help you guys. We're sorry about almost killing him." He apologized. I can see a hint of sincerity in his eyes. I stood there for a while deciding if it was a good idea or not. Without that much thought i followed the 4 of them in to the forest, making sure Carter never leaves my sight.

AUTHOUR'S NOTE:

I honestly feel like this book is starting to get boring with my lack of action :( I"m promising you guys i will add more suspense later in the book. Should i continue or no? Honest feedback helps xox thank you guys. Vote and comment <3