Chapter 10: Intruders

Chapter 10

Kora's POV

Tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock....

I stared at the clock on the bedside table and watched at the hands on the clock tick away into eternity. I've been in this room for 3 days straight, not going anywhere or doing anything but lying there lifeless. I glanced over to the window seeing the sun making its way into the pink tinted sky. The breeze blew through the curtains making them fly around swaying gently against natures force.

I laid on my back staring up at the ceiling wondering why oh why i was feeling like this. I was never attracted to Tommy now that i think about it...it was my wolf who wanted him not me. I don't want anyone at all. I also feel extremely guilty for beating Jenesy senseless. I never even thought about having a mate to be honest, especially one that would reject you. I remembered this one time when i asked my mom what mates were...

I sat in my mom's lap as we were staring out into the full moon late at night. She was reading me a story about a girl who finds her true mate and falls in love the minute his eyes met with hers. I stopped her halfway during her sentence and asked "Mommy what does having a mate mean?".

She chuckled before answering my question, "Mates are basically your soul mate, your lifeline, your other half, the one you love most...the one you'll end up marrying, the one you'll spend your life with forever".

Her hands stroked my hair as i hung onto every word that came out of her mouth, understanding word from word

"Are you and daddy true mates?"

She suddenly froze, her arms dropped from around me and fell to her lap in fists. Her eyes turned hard, and all the happiness in them faded away.

"Kora its time for bed". Was all she said as she tucked me in and walked away still with that cold look on her face.

I cleared the thought out of my mind just as fast as it came. My heart still ached a lot even though the sight of Tommy and the bruised Jenesy never came back home.

Stop worrying she'll heal. My wolf said.

"Its your fault for making me attack her so shut up, i don't want to hear from you." I snapped. I heard a faint whimper and then the voice was gone.

I let out a loud sigh and slowly began to shut my eyes again, sleeping through another day until i heard a knock on the door.

"Whattttttt" I groaned.

"Its Carter, open up you butt head" He said through the thick door.

"No". I rolled over on my side and pushed a pillow on top of my ear to block out the sounds.

"You should really close your window next time".

"HOLY SHIT". I jumped out of bed placing a hand over my beating heart. Carter stood there leaning on the dresser with a silly grin plastered on his face. I should've known better to shut the door knowing he probably thought about that as plan B if i didn't open the door.

"What do you want Carter". I spat out his name in annoyance.

"hey hey im just trying to help you here, no need to attitude". He raised his hands signaling defeat.

"Help me with what? I'm perfectly fine thank you very much, now please escort yourself out".

"Kora, do i have to remind you about the family bond?? I can obviously feel your pain now suck it up and get out for fresh air. Its been like 3 days without food for you, how do you manage??" He said plopping down on the couch across the bed.