Chapter 9: Rejected

Chapter 9

Kora's POV

I paced back and forth around the room i was staying at in the rougue's pack house. It wasn't a mansion, just a huge abandoned house deep in the forest. It was quite nice actually, it was decorated with a lot of paintings on the walls, the furniture looked expensive, the fridge was packed with loads of food, and the bedrooms had an aroma that bought the place to life. James said we can stay as long as we like and i'm guessing its gonna be a long time since we all got together so well....excluding Jenesy and Tommy. Sophie was no where to be seen, she shows up and then disappears..weird since she was blind.

But Tommy was the reason why i'm currently pacing back and forth in my room frowning. I don't understand, I heard stories on how when you meet your mate they drop everything they have and run towards you and embrace you in a hug physically and mentally. But no, not for me. I felt the mate bond and was attracted to it, Tommy ignored it and was always holding onto Jenesy with his dear life. It got me furious and i just wanted to punch them both in the face. My wolf whimpered at the thought of me hurting my mate. Who cares though? Serves him right.

I was still deep in thought until i heard a knock on my door. My head snapped towards the direction as the door slowly opened.

"Hey" Dustin greeted and plopped down on my bed,

"Hey Dustin what's up?" I ask plopping down next to him. He smells like Victoria secret. I giggled at the thought of that which cause him to give me a confused look.

"Lets go do something fun, i say we should watch a movie." He suggested. Hmm..Dustin and I have been spending a lot of time together recently so i knew i could trust him, but something is making me have second thoughts or should i say someone.

"Don't fall for him, he's not your mate" My wolf hissed.

"Well he's not YOUR mate but he could be mine. Tommy doesn't want us so stop acting moody." I snapped. No answer from her, but i saw a shocked look on Dustin's face. Shit..i said it out loud.

"Dustin I'm so sor-" He got up pulling me with him and just smiled at me.

We soon entered a dark theater our arms full of popcorn and nachos. We were watching Insidious: Chapter 2, he told me it was really scary but i doubt it.

I was wrong.

Every time someone or something popped up on the screen or made weird sounds i would whimper and sit closer to Dustin feeling safer near his warm body her arms cuddling into me.

"Stop it Kora..." My wolf growled.

I ignored her and continued watching. When this certain part came up, i thought it was scary i had to shut my eyes tightly afraid of what will happen next. Dustin kept laughing, so loud everyone turned their heads towards us annoyance on their faces. Why was he laughing!?? The poor woman is getting beat by her possessed husband. God dammit Dustin.

"shhhh...stop" I smacked his head giggling.

"You should be laughing with me!" He had an evil smirk on his face and i knew what was coming.

Shit...

"STOP STOP STOP STOP" I cracked up hysterically as his fingers tickled me all over. People were starting to get up and leave shooting us with angry expressions. I would've done the same thing too, i mean what two idiots would laugh during a horror movie? He finally stopped as tears were rolling down my eyes due to laughing so hard.

He helped me up and we sat in silence smiling at each other..looking into the gazes of one another. I don't know if he was leaning in or if i was leaning in but we were so close..our faces coming closer, closer then suddenly i was clutching my heart in pain.