Chapter 14:Explanations

Chapter 14

Kora's POV

Pitch darkness.

That was all i can see. I felt myself lying on something soft but for some reason i wasn't able to move. My eyes felt as though they were stapled together shut and my breathing was heavy. I heard voices in the background but i couldn't make out whose voices they belonged too. I stayed there lying still until i heard Dustin's voice.

"When do you think she'll be awake?"

"I don't know, maybe like in an hour i guess."

I shot straight up from where i was at the sound off Katherine's voice ringing through my ears. I quickly got up and moved towards a corner in the room while i blinked rapidly, trying to let my eyes adjust to the brightness. After i could see again, i realized i was in the room i have been sleeping at back in the pack house.I saw a worried Dustin standing by the head of the bed and Katherine sitting on the desk by the closet.

I stood still looking back and forth between the two. Before i even knew it, i was embraced with Dustin's arms wrapped tightly, protectively around me. Surprisingly i didn't push him away, i felt like i needed the hug, i felt like he actually cared. My head was nuzzled into the crook of his neck, his fingers stroking me from my hair all the way down to the small of my back.

"Um...."

We slowly broke apart and faced Katherine, who seemed really uncomfortable.

"Sit before you ask questions please". She instructed. I sat on the edge of the bed and i kept my eyes on her every movement. She stayed sitting in the same spot.

"Ask away." She sighed.

"Why did you kidnap us, beat the shit out of us, then said you were gonna help us, and how did i end up here?" I said in all one breath.

"1. Your father wanted me to help him capture you and your brother. We declined his offer so he set our territory on fire. We needed you guys so we could come to some sort of compromise were we all get revenge on your sick and twisted father. We kidnapped everyone else because we were afraid they would try and come after us for you guys."

"Yes, yes we would've." Dustin cut in, which earned an eye roll from Katherine.

"2. We beat you guys because some of the hunters in the room were actually Werewolves from daddy's pack, so we had to make it seem real. I'm a really good actress." Dustin scoffed at the last part.

"3. Ever since i heard about the famous runaway alpha running away from her dick of a father, i always wanted to help. I've had some sources tell me that he like let your brother's mate died or something," She started picking at her nails. Her long red nails that look really sharp for comfort and everyday use.

"4. After i told you i was gonna help you then dismissed everyone under compulsion, you started freaking out and i was kinda pissed at you for scratching my face earlier so i knocked you out to shut you up." She shyly smiles at me.

"Wait, what? I thought you said werewolves were there too, how were they compelled?" I asked, now paying more attention to her words.

"They were, but since they weren't human hunters, i didn't want to risk the chance that they might remember something." She shrugged.

"Anymore questions?" She was now off of the desk standing in front of me.

"Tell me about you and Dustin." My voice barely came out as a whisper. But she heard me. Dustin did too, because i felt him shift uncomfortably next to me.

"Long story short, Dustin got kicked out of his pack because his mate-which was me- was a vampire. He was gonna reject me, but we already fucked each other so that created a bond between us, a bond he couldn't break. Then he got a witch to create a spell so that we could prevent the bond from bringing us together, when i found out he was gonna dump me just to be in his pack again, i knew he was a complete asshole then so i went along with the plan. I never saw him again until yesterday when we kidnapped you guys. It's okay though, we are completely d o n e." She finished off.

"No, i was gonna reject you because you were, and still are a psychotic bitch." Dustin spat.

"Did you know a hunter was going to kill me in that cage." I said looking at her with emotionless eyes.

"Um...about that, I didn't know that he was going to do that. But he's dead so its okay. I'm tired of answering questions, go eat something. I'll be back tomorrow bye." With those few words, she dismissed herself and was gone just like that.

I stared at Dustin who looked deep in thought, I'm still terribly confused on what happened. I decided not to ask anymore questions because my brain was having cramps. I stood up and walked out the door, turning over my shoulder to still see Dustin thinking about something. I was hungry so i walked to the kitchen to see everyone there; looking healthy without bruises or cuts.

"Oh my god Kora you're okay!" Beth hurried over to me and hugged me so tight i couldn't breath. I gave everyone a hug, holding onto Carter the longest. He let go and smiled at me.

"We made you a sandwich when you were sleeping." He pushed a plate with a huge delicious delicacy on it.

"Thanks" I mumbled. I sat on the counter, eating away.

"How are you feeling?" James asked while scrolling through his phone.

"I feel fresh and new." I replied back with a monotone voice.

It still amazes me how they all healed so fast, but Kendra still had some bruises on her arms. Sophie was nowhere to be seen, i kinda worried about her.

After i ate, everyone else but me left to go watch a movie or something, i was still a little sore from yesterday so I decided to just stay at home.

"Are you sure you don't wanna come?" Carter asked for the billionth time.

"Do you feel safe?"

"just go" I pointed towards to door to him, rolled my eyes and walked out back into the patio they had.

I looked beyond the horizon to see the sun was about to set, have I really been out that long? Katherine was extremely powerful then. I watched the birds fly by, into their nests on top of trees, returning back to their families. I hugged my arms around my body to keep myself warm when a breeze swished it's way through my hair.

Basically, my father is on the look-out for us, that means no one is safe anymore. Back in the cage, I remember some of the pack member's screaming in pain from above, from his violent punishments. I needed all the help i could get, including a vampire's help. Maybe if we had a witch too, but i don't know where to find one.

I sat there in silence by myself until i heard feet shuffling behind me. Alarmed, i snapped my head back around to see who the intruder was. My muscles relaxed once i saw who it was.

"You didn't go with them?" I asked Dustin as he sat down next to me.

"Nah..I didn't feel comfortable leaving you here alone". He said.

"How long were you and Katherine mates?" The question slipped out of my mouth before i could stop it.

"We were mates for 2 months, bonded for 1 week." He chuckled to himself.

"I met James and everyone else 2 years ago when they saw me decapitate some vampire in those woods there". He pointed a long finger to the woods on the left side of the house.

I didn't say anything else, we sat there in silence. I was startled when a pair of strong arms wrapped around me, he pulled me close to him. My head was now on his strong shoulders

"Your compulsion didn't work on me Kora." He said.

"Wait wa-" I was cut off by his lips crushing down on mine.

I heard a voice in my head, my wolf's voice to be exact.

mate mate mate mate mate

I did't pull away like i always did, i pulled him closer to me and deepened the kiss.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

IM SORRY FOR LATE UPDATE, A SHORT ONE AT THAT. BUT IVEV BEEN REALLY BUSY.

CHECK OUT MY NEW STORY CALLED "Oops..." ITS REALLY GOOD TRUSST ME.

PLEASE VOTEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MY GOAL IS 700. thanks so much !

seriously check out my new story

please ? :)