Chapter 12: Pale

Chapter 12

Kora POV

Gun in both of our hands, we stalked along the walls making our way down the long hallways. It smelt of flesh and blood which was really disturbing to my sensitive nose.

The place had even more cells and old offices on the level above us, seems like an abandoned police station. Except for all the weapons aligned along the desks, weapons to kill werewolves. I rolled at my eyes at the thought of hunters leaving their weapons out like that out in the open.

I stopped in my tracks and turned to Dustin raising a finger to my lip, indicating for him not to make a sound while i slip into the office and get rid of the death contraptions.

I raised my gun in front of me and turned in all directions making sure the office was completely empty. Once i was 100% sure it was clear with Dustin guarding the doorway, i destroyed each and every crossbow, breaking it in half. I unloaded the guns stepping on them with the sound of metal being crushed under my feet. I practically had to be careful about making skin contact with the bouquet of wolfsbane. Damn.

I threw all the scraps in a nearby closet and walked out slowly, brushing past Dustin without eye contact.

I'm trying really hard to avoid his gaze that followed my every move and and how he tried to brush his hand against mine when we walked close to each other. I don't want to feel this way, love is just a distraction from me trying to accomplish my goal on getting revenge on my father's pack. I moved further away from him as possible and i could see from the corner of my eyes that his face had this unexplainable expression plastered on it.

"Im sorry." He said quietly. "I didn't mean to kiss you, it just happened."

I stayed silent.

"You were freaking out and...and i wanted to prove to you that everything will be alright, and that i'm here for you Kora.."

I thought about it for a while, and i guess i was quiet for too long because he coughed a little snapping me back to reality.

"Its um, alright. But i need for you to do something." I stepped in front of him and i stared directly in his eyes.

Already regretting on what i'm about to do.

"You will forget that you kissed me and let me do what i can to help our friends". I said in a serious tone. I could see my eyes reflecting on of his as they grew a dark shade of red and his pupils became smaller. I never knew i had this power; compulsion. Compulsion gave be the power to demand anyone what to do, this was my first time using it so i hope it works.

I've heard from Carter that only a few werewolves had this ability and i was one of those few. I felt horrible for doing this but its for the best. No more distractions, but i couldn't help the fact that my heart tightning a little.

"Kora, why are you staring at me like that? Are you ok?" He shook my shoulder gently, and thats when i knew it worked. He doesn't remember.

"Yeah I'm fine, lets keep going." I forced a smile and continued walking.

After about 30 mintues of walking up and down stairs and turning into unknown entrances, still no sign of our friends.

"This is hopeless" Dustin sighed. He ran a hand through his hair and looked at me with a sad look on his face.

"We're not giving up, they have Carter and the rest." I said standing up taller.

"I didn't say we were gonna give up, i'm just saying that they're no where in sight, we are they?"