I can apparate!

It was the second of August. The hot day had long since passed into a dark afternoon, but despite the heat, the sky was cloudy and grey. I was casually lying down on the ground of the kitchen complaining about how they weren’t going to let me outside; Hermione was just sitting there giggling at something Ron had said; Ron was cracking lame jokes between mouthfuls of food and Ginny was miming throwing up behind their backs.

I came across an idea that maybe I could apparate to the table because I was too lazy to move. I tried to focus on the chair next to Ginny and it happened, I felt the pull.

“If this is for Harry, I’m going to kill.” I muttered.

I felt crammed into that little tube thing and it was like weird apparation shit. I shut my eyes tight trying to pretend the feeling wasn’t there, but when I opened them again I was in –

“Little Whinging?” I said utterly nonplussed. “What the hell?” Then it clicked. “Harry! Where are you? You stupid tool, where are you?”

“Willow?” I heard Harry’s voice calling through the night, and I set off at a run toward him.

He was standing there with his obese cousin, looking angry, wand outstretched.

“you’re not even in trouble!” I complained.

“I didn’t mean to call you here! It’s not my fault – “ Harry stopped speaking as an Icy breeze seemed to flood the street. All the lights went out and we were left in complete darkness.

“W-what are you d-doing? St-stop it!” Dudley simpered

“I’m not doing anything! Shut up and don’t move!” Harry said

“I c-can’t see! I’ve g-gone blind! I —”

“I said shut up!”

Although we were in the dark, I could have sworn Harry had looked at me, and in that moment I understood.

“Impossible.” I heard my voice say.

“They can’t be here...” Harry whispered. “Not in little whinging.”

I reached for my pocket.

“My wand, where the hell is my wand?” I suddenly saw an image of it lying upon the dining table. “Harry, you’re the only one with a weapon, okay. No pressure.”

We were silent in the darkness until we heard it – that long rattling breath.

“Apples. Apricots. Avocado. Banana. Blackberry. Black current. I can’t think of any more fruit.” I whined.

“Why are you listing fruit?” Harry said exasperated.

“It calms me down.”

“You’re so screwed up.”

“It’s genetic.”

The Dementors drew closer, but I could hardly feel them. They weren’t affecting me like they usually did. Awkward.

Dudley was going nuts, and I’m pretty sure he hit Harry in the face.

“Good Work Dudley! Hitting our only hope in the face!” I said sarcastically.

It happened in a matter or moments.

Dudley screamed and collapsed. Harry lit his wand. The two Dementors were flying toward us. Harry was trying to make a patronus. “Expecto patronum.” He tried. As only a wisp of silver shot from him wand he grunted. “Expecto Patronum.” Harry tried again. Nothing happened. The Dementors drew closer. A scaly hand shot out of the robes reaching for Harry’s throat. I gripped his hand.