Chapter 30

CHAPTER 30
K POV:

I finish the blood pop that George gave me before looking back up at him. I see the worry and concern on his face and I know I better explain some before Viktor finds out about class today. I pull him toward the desks and pull him down next to me at a pair of the desks.

"Going to tell me why you're mental now?"

"Remember how Vik said I was only a danger to myself the other night?"

"Yeah, what did he mean love?"

"I......it's complicated."

"Well we have until next class period to work through it, I don't mind missing lunch."

"I told you once that I've always hated what I am. I wasn't lying. Vik knows this, but he's seen me act on this hatred before."

"What do you mean Kitty?"

"The reason that Vik has gone with me on so many hunting trips, and the reason he wants to check on me after them, was to make sure that I didn't hurt myself."

"Hurt yourself how?"

George's POV:

I won't lie, I have been wanting to know what Krum said that night since I heard. But I wanted to give her a break and help her these past few days, as she gets through school. She's had a lot going and I haven't wanted to add to it but if she's willing to talk about it now I will. I watch as she takes a deep breathe before looking back up at me.

"I've seen how long I can go without blood before, picked fights with creatures that could have killed me, and.......physically harmed myself."

"Why?!?"

"I....I've just always thought that I deserved the pain."

"Why would you think that love?"

"I take so much life from others, it's not fair to them. It's.....it's why I'm a monster."

"YOU'RE NOT!"

She flinches some at my yelling and looks away but I gently grab her hand and raise her face up to mine. I see her biting her lip and watch as her silver eyes start to glisten. I rub small circles on her cheek with my thumb as I stare into her eyes.

"Love, you're not a monster. It's no different than the rest of us eating meat at dinner. Is this why you agreed to do this with Moody? You think you deserve the pain?"

"P-partly. I also wanted to see if I could handle it."

"Love, I saw the look on your face as you fell. You don't deserve any pain, especially that. I mean bloody hell Kitty, why would you want to even see if you could handle it?"

"It's been used on me before by one of the Looters. I needed to see how bad it would be in vamp form. I'm.....I'm sorry."

The tears that were building in her eyes start to fall slowly down her cheeks. I pull the vial out of her pocket and start collecting them for her. She told me why she collects her tears and I know that she wants too now but has her hands clenched in fists in her lap right now because they're still twitching slightly. I force her to look back up at me and she starts biting her lip again.

"Love, I'm not mad at you. Not much anyway, just please promise me you won't hurt yourself anymore or promise to do anything like this class with Moody again. Bloody hell love I.....I don't think you know how scared I was when I saw your face as you fell."

"I'm sorry Georgie."

"Kitty, just promise me one thing."

"What?"

"Promise that you always know that I love you."

"I love you too Georgie, and I promise."

She's stopped crying as I lean down and kiss her. I run my fingers through her soft hair as I feel her wrap her arms around my neck. It's a short kiss as we pull away from one another. She snuggles her face closer into my chest as I bury mine into her hair. I look at my watch and see that lunch is ending in a few minutes, and the next class will start in just a bit. I gently pull away from her and she looks up at me.

"Are you sure you want to keep doing this? You still have five more classes to get through if you do."

"I'm sure, it's not as bad as it would be on you Georgie I promise. I think I'll go to Madam Pomfrey before the next one though."

"Want me to come with?"

"Only if you won't be late for class."

"I won't it's on the way. Come on love."

I hold out my hand and she takes it as we leave the defense class room and head to the hospital wing. Some students look at us as we walk by and I realize that Kat is still 'vamped' out as she calls it. I smile some as I hold her hand tighter. She had said that if she was able to do this more often without fear, that full moons wouldn't be as bad. If anything can make full moons for her better than I'm all for it. I kiss her cheek as we reach the hospital wing and she waves me off to class. I make my way to charms and take my seat by Fred.

"All better mate?"

"Yeah Fred, all better for now."

"Any word from mum yet?"

"Nope. Though I'm sure if she had a heart attack when I told her I'm dating the dangerous 'vampire' as she said, that we would have gotten word."

"Dad'll have it sorted by the time we go home for summer."

"Hope so, cause I'm going to ask her to spend summer with us."

"That'll be interesting to see how mum reacts to that. Little Georgie bringing home his first serious girlfriend."

"Shut it Fred."

I watch as we both smirk at each other as Flitwick walks in and starts our lesson for the day. I can't really pay much attention to it though, I'm too busy thinking about her and how I hope she's alright. As well as hoping that she agrees to spend the summer or at least part of it with me and my family.