Chapter 9

CHAPTER 9
George's POV:

"Can't believe he gave us fake galleons. That slimy git."

"Maybe he didn't know.....what if we write a letter telling him?"

"Why not, we haven't got anything else to lose have we?"

Fred and I start writing a quick letter to Bagman just as we see Hermione and Ginny come back downstairs. Weird, I thought they were going up to chat with Kat and Scarlet. They join Harry and Ron by the fire before looking around and motioning us over to them as well. We finish the letter and planned to borrow a school owl to send it tomorrow morning, before joining them around the fire. Ginny looks confused but Hermione looks worried almost as she starts looks at us and then starts talking.

"Hey you guys, what exactly do we know about Kat?"

"Not that much really. She er, well she knows who I am if that helps." (Harry)

"Comes from the states." (Ron)

"Only child, family is very politically involved, middle name is Mary, and knows Krum on a friend level." (George)

"Why?" (Fred and George)

"Ginny and I were just upstairs and we couldn't help but hear Scarlet and Kat talking and it was an unusual conversation."

"Yeah, Kat was telling Scarlet that no matter what she couldn't change what she was. And Scarlet started yelling that she didn't care what Kat was, that she wasn't a monster and was begging for forgiveness."

"You don't think Kat could be, well.... a um werewolf?" (Hermione)

"What?" (Harry)

"I mean I would have to watch her and compare her actions to the lunar charts to make sure but for all we know she could be." (Hermione)

"I mean would it matter if she was?" (F)

"Yeah, Lupin's one and we got on with him alright." (George)

"True, it's just odd because Kat seemed almost positive that she was a monster. Even though Scarlet was saying she wasn't." (Ginny)

"Self-hatred is common for most werewolves though. They aren't exactly welcomed with open arms in our society." (Hermione)

"Well, why don't we just get to know her as a person, watch her during full moons and see what happens from there." (Harry)

"Alright, everyone agreed?" (Ginny)

"Good, well we better get off to bed. Don't want to be late for our first day do we? Goodnight everyone." (Hermione)

We wave as Hermione and Ginny go back upstairs to bed and then watch as Harry and Ron go up to their own room. Fred and I hang out in the common room a bit longer and soon I see that we're the only two still down here. I yawn and stretch as I stand but see that Fred is smirking at me.

"What?"

"You still like her, even if she might be a werewolf."

"What? Come off it you idiot. I don't even know her that well."

"Never stopped either of us before."

"Is it that obvious mate?"

"Yeah, to me at least. Can't say I blame you, she really is something from the looks of her. Just be careful mate. I'm not saying that because she might be a werewolf, I'm saying it because if she hates herself now imagine how she would feel with a broken heart."

"Ay, when did you get so knowledgeable about love and girls?"

"Working on the love potions for the joke shop remember?"