Chapter 5

CHAPTER 5
George's POV:

"THE IRISH WON, THEY WON, WE'VE WON!"

"Oi Fred! Bagman owes us galleons!"

"Bloody hell you're right!"

My brother and I climb over our seats and head over to Bagman just as he turns towards us. He hands us over our winnings from our bets a little grudgingly before leaving. I start counting my half of the galleons, picturing just how many fake wands and puking pastilles it can make when my brother hits my shoulder. I look up to find him staring ahead of us, I look that way as well and see a girl hugging Krum. Not just any girl, she's bloody beautiful she is. Long wavy brown hair, freckled skin, and bloody hell the bluest eyes I've ever seen. I can see her talking to Krum and see that she's smiling at him. Fred whispers in my ear as we keep staring at the two and watch as Krum even smiles. I didn't think he knew how to smile.

"Bloody hell, think she's Krum's girlfriend?"

"Don' know, looks younger than him though eh?"

"Maybe, beautiful enough though ain she?"

"Yeah, yeah she is."

I watch as they hug again and even hear him say Kat, wonder if that's her name then. They separate and he turns to leave but before he does he hugs a woman standing next to the girl before leaving the box with the rest of the team. The woman looks like the girls mom, so maybe she is Krum's girlfriend. She watches him go but then suddenly turns and sees us staring at her. I try to look away but when she meets my eyes I can't.

I see her looking between the two of us and I guess she's looking for a way to tell us apart. Good luck with that, our own mum can't even do that. I see her sniff the air a bit, weird but kind of cute, before looking at me again. I see her smile some and I almost want to go over to her and introduce ourselves, but I feel Fred hit my shoulder just as she turns to leave the box with who looks like her family.

"You alright there Georgie? Look a little dazed."

"I'm fine Fred, just uh, just yeah."

"Uhuh, ok sure."

"Hey dad!"

"Yes, Fred."

"I'm George, who was that family that was sitting over there? The men were talking with the Bulgaria Minister."

"Oh sorry George, and that, I think it was the State's Government officials and some of their family. Nice men, ran into them earlier last week. Almost the entire family is politically involved in their government. Came to watch Bulgaria play, apparently they know one of the players."

"Oh, so American?"

"Yes, very high up in their government. Minister, Junior Minister, and then the other is Chief of their Magical Law Enforcement. There's more of the family with positions in the ministry, but they stayed at home. Word was that if the whole family came there would be few ministry leaders left. I believe their grandmother was even Minister a few years ago. Headed back home tomorrow I suspect, seemed anxious when I met them to return home soon."

"Oh. Why?"

"Apparently they've been having some trouble with some dark witches and wizards of their own, except the attacks have been more personal. At least that's the word that has been going around at the ministry."

I feel my spirits fall a little knowing that I probably won't get to see her again, not to mention she probably is Krum's girlfriend if they came to watch him play. That's a long trip to watch a game if they're only friends. I follow the rest of our crew out of the stands and back to our tent, picking up my spirits up a little as I do.

Might as well try to enjoy the celebrations tonight, plus Ron is going on and on about how wonderful Krum is. I think he even called Krum an 'artist.' Almost sounds like he loves him, and Fred and I aren't going to let that go tonight. I join the celebration and force myself to put her out of my mind. Her and those beautiful bright blue eyes.