Chapter 11

CHAPTER 11
K POV:

I have been looking forward to and dreading this date all week. Looking forward to it because I get to spend the day with George, dreading it because my senses will be amplified and I'll have to fight to focus on anything other than his pulse and my thirst. In the past on full moons, I've always had a reason to be alone and away from people but not this time. This time not only will I be around people, I'll be surrounded by them.

It's been a weird week overall though. Hermione and Ginny have been watching me like hawks whenever I see them, even Scar noticed them doing it. It's not just them though, it's everyone in our immediate group that's been acting kind of weird. Which means the Weasley gang and of course the trio, as I call Harry, Ron, and Hermione, and even Neville. It's starting to worry me a bit. It's almost like they're worried for me, or that I'm about to drop dead or something. I really hope they don't something I don't know, like eminent doom headed my way or something.

If nothing else at least it's Friday, which also means that the other two schools arrive later today and I'll get to see Vik hopefully tonight. I sit down at the table next to George and Hermione, again with the whole looking at me weird thing from Hermione, and kiss George on the cheek. The owl post comes in and surprisingly I see my family's eagle owl fly down and land in front of us. It looks as if my family was waiting for a full moon to send me letters, with one from my uncle, my parents, my cousins, and even one from Vik.

My cousins just want to see how school is doing, my uncle and parents ask basically the same questions but remind to watch out for the moon tomorrow. Vik is the most thoughtful of the letters really, saying he'll see me tonight and that he hopes school is going well and that he hopes the moon doesn't take too much out of me tomorrow. I smile a bit at his messy handwriting and am impressed with how much better his English has gotten. It used to be dreadful.

I fold the letters back up, but couldn't help but notice how Hermione seemed to have read one or two of them over my shoulder. It doesn't really matter, not like she could have understood much of them anyway. The rest of the day passes quickly which I'm oddly thankful for, because as the day drags on I'm beginning to feel like crap again.

I know George must have noticed because he carries my books from our last class back to the common room even though I tried to stop him. He probably would have tried to carry me if he thought I couldn't make it. Once in the common room we claim one of the sofas in front of the fireplace and are soon joined by Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Scar. Ginny is still in class and Fred and Lee have been MIA almost all day.

"Kat?"

"Yeah George."

"Are you sure you're still up to Hogsmeade tomorrow? You look like you're getting sick."

"I'll be fine tomorrow I promise, unless......you'd rather not go anymore."

"No! I just don't want you to get sick."

"I'll be fine Georgie."

"Hey Kat?"

"Yeah Scar?"

"Think if we introduced these kids to Truth or Dare tonight, they could handle it?"

"Hmmm I don't know."

"Truth or dare? Ha that's a kid's game." (Ron)

"Not the way we play, we use a bottle of veritaserum when we play so the truths are always true." (K)

"Wicked. Count us in." (F&G)

"Hey Fred, nice to see you too. Alright who else?" (K)

"Yeah sure, count us in." (Ron and Harry)