12 - Falling Into Place

It has only been a week ans today was the revealing of Nialls true self to the public. I wasn't sure who was more nervous, me or my father. He paces before us, grabbing onto hia hair frustrated as Niall sat in my lap, he watched my father curiously and I watched Niall.

I looked over at my mother who hummed to herself, staring at her compact and brushing up on her make up. She had finally calmed down. She smiled over at me and I couldn't helo remember how she had been when she first laid eyes on Niall. She had screamed at thw top of her lunges and ran out of the room claiming she had lost her mind. She actually visited her therapist on the ordeal and it had broken my heart at how she has reacted but I understood that not everyone would be able to actually believe their eyes. It was a working progress but she was getting there.

Honestly, her reaction was what I expected from my father, not her.

"Mabye we can postpone, I mean, nobody really wants to see us, not now, they saw us three days ago, lets give them a rest, they have lives, don't they?! "My father said.

"Would you calm down," My mother said. "You are giving me a headache." 

"Me, giving you a headache? Your bloody cosmetics is really what is to blame. "He defended and she glared.

"Well, would you rather I go out there looking like a bloody zombie, I might as well sign my own social suicide."  Niall snickered and I looked up at him. He flushed his eyes shining and he laid a soft kiss on my nose.

"Awww, so dreadfully adorable! "Veronica said in sing-song from behind us." F. Y. I, I am starting your personal fanclub. "I rose a single brow and she snorted." It's too cute not to. "I shook my head and a guard stepped into the room.

"Your Majesty, the people await." He said bowing lowly. My father stood tall.

"Let the nightmare begin. "He said before he took a stand out by the balcony. The press were lined up waiting and cameras rolling. I felt my stomach dropped and I looked back at Niall.

"Do you really want to do this?" I asked him nervously. "We could always, well, you know, run away still." He stared at me and cupped my cheek.

"You don't want them to know about us? "He asked sadly.

"What, no.  I just don't want this to end up blowing up in our faces and you getting hurt." he smiled a small smile.

"As long as you don't leave me. "He whispered. We shared a kiss, it started of sweet ans gentle and then he pulled me closee, our tongues then came out to play and he moaned. I ran my hand down to his ass and squeezed.

"-I present your future king and his...boyfriend." We froze before we scrambled to our feet. I began dusting myself off and he fixed his hair, his lips swollen.

"I am so going to lock you and I in our room after this. "He giggles and grabbed my hand as we took a deep breath and took a step out the balcony as the clapping stopped. I waved as complete silence took over.

"Good afternoon, everybody. I would like to present my boyfriend, Niall," I said and he stepped a little closer. He bit his lip and waved, his tail flickering nervously.

"Hello, "His voice echoed softly. I watched as mouths fell, eyes widened and some people fall. Niall bit his lip nervously as we waited.

"Omg, he is so cute!" A young teenager squealed and suddenly an entire group of females were squealing and jumping around along with some very feminine males. I rose a hand an they settled.

"I understand the appearance of the man, "I highlighted as the news people," is rather startling, but I can assure you that he is of mo harm to anyone, he is a neko. "There was a bad series of soft gasps." I would like to put a few rumours at rest and clarify thst I am not a pedophile, and Niall, is actually 20 years old. "I looked over as he pressed his body against me." I understand there will be a few objections to my preference to males but, please understand that I too am a human being with feelings and I cannot help who I fall in love with just as all of you cannot help who you fall in love with. Please understand that who iochose to love does not affect how I shall rule, which is with compassion, and I will be fair and just. "There was silence befoee slowly clapping rang out. I smiled and waved as they began chanting my name.