• Prologue •

It was a cool, breezy night in the Arendelle Kingdom. Throughout the entire kingdom everyone was asleep in the village and the castle quiet. The only one awake besides the night watch, keeping an eye out for anything out of the ordinary was the Queen who was standing out on her balcony, looking out towards the village and the scene before her with a certain fondness in her eyes. The moon was out, stars were shining and the water surrounding the kingdom was still. Unmoving. Rather, mirroring the sky and the forest covered mountains that concealed the kingdom.

She lets out a content sigh.

She was wearing a light nightgown, its white fabrics glowed in the moonlight as it billowed softly in the cool breeze that came. Most women would've shivered and head inside to be by the warmth of the fireplace, but she wasn't like any other woman; The cold never bothered her. Rather, she found comfort in it.

As she thought about her sister, her husband and niece that were headed to the mountains on a family trip together, she wondered how they were doing. Her sister, Anna, had invited her to come along, since it was a family trip, but the Queen had too much work to do, so she had politely declined, saying that it would be good for the trio to have time for themselves. Reluctantly, they left and the Queens ever spritely niece promised to tell stories of her adventure to her cool aunt. Oh, how she loved her little niece.

Little Rose was a joy to the castle; She had brought smiles and giggles throughout the peaceful hallways that had now turned lively. She was a curious young thing, for she had mostly spent her days with the Queen who would wonder her with her powers of ice and snow, entertaining her. The Queen found herself comparing Rose to Anna; They are almost the same but Rose had inherited her blonde hair from her father. She was a remarkable girl, and the Queen knew that the day she was born.

A knock was heard on her door, interrupting her thoughts.

'Who on earth could that be at this time?' She thought to herself. Deciding to go in to see who it was, the Queen stepped inside, the atmosphere of the chill not changing one bit when she stopped in the middle of the room. "Come in!" The door opened to one of her assistants and dear friend, Gerta pop her head through the door to give her a smile. The Queen smiled. "Good evening Gerta." The woman nodded with a smile back.

"Good evening your ma-"

"Elsa Gerta, Elsa." The Queen corrected with a light tone. Gerta chuckled.

"Elsa, is there anything else that you will be needing?" The Queen shook her head.

"No thank you Gerta, you may go and rest now, you deserve it." Elsa replies. Gerta smiled and gave Elsa a bow.

"Thank you Elsa, good night." Elsa nods in recognition.

"Good night." And with a soft click signalling that the door was closed, the Queen was all alone once again. Deciding to get to bed, she walked towards her bed and pulled off the sheets so that she could tuck herself in; The covers falling over her safely, wrapping her up once she laid herself down. She didn't bother to close the balcony doors since she still found the breeze comforting...

But that was a big mistake.

In the dead of night as the moon moved across the sky and got concealed by the mountains surrounding the kingdom, shadows of  forms with horns and wings loomed around the castle, some large, and some small. They were no doubt, a creature that most people would've thought to have been extinct, but they weren't; They were dragons. And no guard would've noticed their silent flight around the castle. One dragon, was different than the rest, for he had a Rider; A man with broad shoulders, and leatherback cape, and long dreads that reached down his back. Scars covered his face and he had a hard calculating look, his eyes wandering to each dragon till they fell over to his target.

The rider pleasantly surprised to find that the balcony doors that lead to the Queens chambers were open, as if welcoming him to the room. He landed onto the balcony along with another dragon that he called over and stepped inside towards the Queens bed. Once he reached his destination, the two dragons following, they stood waiting as their master watched the slumbering Queen. His rough, calloused finger reached out to caress her soft, cold cheek. A smile curled over his lips when he felt her skin was as perceived; Cold as ice. His dragon, along with another stepped up behind him and looked down to their master, awaiting the command. With a click of his teeth, it was made.

With no mercy, with talons sharp as razors, the dragon with no saddle tore though the sheets to grab the Queen from them, stirring the her awake. Quickly acting, he slapped her hardly, causing her to fall limp in her blankets, turning unconscious. He clicked his teeth again and waved his staff in the dragon that held the Queens face, commanding him that he was to leave quickly. The dragon flew away from her chambers, and away from the castle with speed, the saddled dragon and its rider following with just as speed. Waving his staff and 'hoo'ing as if like an owl at the other dragons to follow, they left just as quickly as they came, the dark sky as their invisible cloak, protecting them from any eye that would look.

However, the cries that would be most prominent would be the cries of the sister of the Queen the next morning she saw that her bed was empty, and tattered with what looked like claw marks. 

But it wasn't the only grief that was suffered; Because there was another cry through the sky in another place a month later--Far away from Arendelle, but not much different. Status wise maybe, but loss, not.

The scene was horrific, terrifying, and dark. Smoke filled the skies as it came from the fires down below as huts, and people alike burned to a crisp, leaving a terrible odor in the air. Ice coated the ground, and some of the surroundings too, but it didn't matter to the Chief who held his bloodied wife, and newborn son in his arms, crying and wailing as he rocked back and forth in his place, the both of them clutched to his chest for dear life. There were few survivors from the attack, and they watched their distressed chief, wishing they could do something, but all they could do was go on one knee and mourn their fallen.

It wasn't a guessing game of who did it. Everyone knew.

"ASTRID!" The chief shouted his wife's name, his voice broken and shrill as he let his head fall back towards the sky. "BJORN!" He shouted again, saying his sons name.

"PLEASE!" He cried, opening up his eyes as tears continued to fall, calling out to the heavens. "WHY? WHY?!" His head feel back down towards his wife and he cried some more; A strangled wail coming from his throat.

The survivors still watched, even the Chiefs mother who found herself at a complete loss of what to do. She reached out to her son, but her hand fell short when she saw him move sharply.

Laying down his wife and son gently to the ground, he got up and looked towards the skies again with fire in his eyes. He scowled at the black fog, rage filling his chest as his anguish became bitterness in his heart. As more tears fell, he pointed a finger and growled, "Is this what you wanted?! HUH?!"

The survivors winced in unison at their chiefs tone--They had never seen him this way, and it worried them as they watched him take in large gulps of breath, and making what sounded like a grunt and a wail at the same time as he paced back and forth still pointing at the sky and shouting profanities towards the heavens. It went on for hours it seemed until he fell to his knees again, giving out another wail before he went completely silent. Thats when his mother came over to put her arms around him, her nose wrinkling at bit at her grandson and daughter in law's bodies rotten stench.

His body shook with every silent sob he gave out. The mother stroked his head trying to console him, but the only words that she heard that came from his lips were;

"He will die, I will kill him."

Hey guys! So this is the start of a new Your Majesty and I'm really excited for it. I'll publish the next few chapters soon it's just I feel I still need to clean up the first one before I post the rest. I just want to thank you all again for your support it means so much to me and I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do now. *hugs you* See you guys soon!

- Vixen