THREE

I like the night. Without the dark, we'd never see the stars
• • • • •

I woke up feeling disoriented. Where was I? This isn't my room.

And then the events of last night came tumbling down.

But even after leaving Roger like that, I didn't feel anything else other than freedom.

I was finally free of him, and his abusive and cheating ways.

It felt good. Rather amazing.

The sound of the door unlocking broke my thought process.

It was Aiden.

'Good morning' he greeted.

'Good morning. What time is it?' I enquired.

'It's 11 am' he says.

'And I have been sleeping for so long?! Why didn't you wake me up?!' I basically shouted.

Aiden, who was watching me with amusement said, ' you were sleeping so peacefully I didn't want to wake you up.'

'Are you hungry though?' And on cue my stomach growled.

'That's my answer.' I said with a small smile.

'Okay then, get ready we're going out for brunch.' He replies with a smile too.

'Okay!' But then I remembered I didn't have anything to wear, 'but I don't have anything to wear!'

'Oh about that, I got you some clothes' He says.

'How?' I ask, curious.

'Don't worry about that. Here.' He says and hands me a bag.

After me thanking him he leaves the room.

And let me tell you those clothes were really good.

So I wore some shorts and a cute top and headed out for some brunch.

» » »

We reached our destination soon. It was a short ride, we reached here in just 15 minutes.

The place is small and cozy. I like it. Roger never brought me to places like this.

Thinking about him makes my blood boil. Not only at him but at myself too. How dare he exploit and abuse me like that and how did I even put up with it?

I shouldn't even be thinking about him in the first place. I am here with Aiden and I will not spoil this day.

Even though i shouldn't trust Aiden so easily but there is something about him that makes me want to trust him. I feel comfortable around him. Being around Roger, I was always uncomfortable.

I don't know why and I don't know how but it happens. And at this point I will let life take its course.

The voice of a waitress makes me come out of my thoughts. Camila, or so her name tag says, asks us our orders.

'Pancakes for me' is what Aiden orders.

'Pancakes for me too' I say.

And we go back to silence. But it does not last long. Aiden breaks it.

'Why did you stay with him?' he asks.

Taken aback by his question I just stare him. 'Who?' the question makes its way out of my mouth even though I exactly know who he is talking about.

'You know very well who I am talking about.' he says, his lips in a thin line.

'I didn't have anywhere to go. I promised my dad even if he doesn't give a damn about me. I promised my dying mother that i will obey my dad even if it was the last thing i wanted to do. So I stayed. I suffered but I stayed.' I reply.

And he just looks at me.

'Didn't you have money?'

'I didn't. It was all my father's.'

'Friends?'

' I was never allowed to have them. Perks of being rich i guess.' I shrugged.

'Why did you let him abuse you?' he asks, anger etched into his face.

I wondered why he was angry.

'What could I do? Run back to my father? He would just send me back. Fly away? I would be easily tracked. Where would I even get money from? Go to my non- existent friends? I barked out a humorless laugh.

And once again he just looked at me and we went back to silence.

Our orders had arrived too.

We just ate in silence.Once again it didn't last long. But this time I was the one who broke the silence.

'What about you?' I ask him.

'What about me?' He replies, confused.

'Why did you go into the underworld?'
But what I got in reply wasn't an answer. It felt like a promise.

'That's a story for the next time.' He simply says.

And I left it at that. But I was sure I would get the answer soon.

And we went back to eating our pancakes again.

After a while, we left the restaurant.

'Wanna go for a ride around the city?' Aiden suddenly asks.

Taken this is New York, this idea sounds crazy but I was never known to make good decisions.

And so, our ride starts.

›‹ ›‹ ›‹ ›‹ ›‹

Hey guys!
I updated! Hope you like it. Don't forget to vote and comment! It means a lot to me!

Until next time
Sheryl