SIX

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light"
• • • • •

AIDEN

After we were done eating we headed out for grocery shopping. 

Grocery shopping!

I never actually went for grocery shopping. It was take out food  most of the time and here I am going grocery shopping with a girl I don't even know well!

But even if I was physically present there, my mind is roaming. Coming to one thing that's going on ever since I got there, I have to get Scarlet there.

I cannot stop thinking about it and its annoying. Because for once, I have never thought so much about something.

Or maybe I have, but you get the point.

But my thought chain was broken by
Scarlet's soft voice. God knows why she speaks so softly. Maybe she does it because of that piece of shit she had been living with. Thinking about him makes me want to beat him black and blue.

"Aiden. Aiden. AIDEN!"

"Yes?" Damn, I had been really absorbed murdering her fiancé.

Her fiancé. She's still engaged. Why did it make my stomach drop? I didn't want to think about that.

"Open the car will you?" She said.

Damn. I hadn't even done that?

I nod.

I eyed her and opened that car. God only knows how much I loved her. The car I am talking about.

She was black and sleek and shone brightly. Bugatti did a good job making it and I maintaining it.

I smirked seeing her reaction to the car. Everybody loved it.

We got into the leather clad seats and took off.

"Nice car." Scarlet said after a while.

Once again , I just nod. I was a man of a few words.

The car ride was short and silent, just the way I liked it.

We soon reached the grocery store and I parked the car. I took my cap from the back seat and wore it.

I saw Scarlet raise her eyebrows.

"Not exactly known for my good work am I? " I smirk.

She nods and her eyes fill with realization.

"Let's go?" I ask.

"Okay." Scarlet replies and we get off the car.

As soon as we enter the grocery store, I get a very bad urge of backing away from the door. The store is crowded as fuck and people are bustling about. But I stay just for the sake of Scarlet.

I notice her take out a list from her pocket of her jeans. She made a list? Damn she's really serious about this and somehow that makes me smile.

She takes a cart and starts moving down a asile. She selects some cans and puts them down in the cart. She reaches towards the top row to take one of the cans. She doesn't reach it.

I see her trying multiple times and shake my head in amusement. I move towards her and raise my hand towards the can. I reach  it easily.

My chest is touching her back and Scarlet turns to look at the source of the hand, that is me. Suddenly, I am aware of how close we are. I quickly move away and Scarlet thanks me shyly.

"Don't mention it." I say and shake my head. Her shyness amuses me.

And with that, she continues moving down the asile and dropping things in the cart.

And there's nothing I can do but get bored out of my wits, except of course, the occasional , " Aiden, could you help me with this?" Of Scarlet's. But I don't mind because at least I am doing something.

But my mind keeps wandering back to the morning. How am I supposed to do that?

Finally, the grocery shopping is done and my hands are full with six bags and Scarlet's with four. God knows what is the need of so much grocery.

I open my car and drop the bags into the boot of the car.

I call Scarlet but she doesn't reply. I look towards her  and she's frozen in her spot, pale as fuck.

"Scarlet?" I nudge her.

"He's here. Aiden, he's here!" Shes on the verge of crying.

But she doesn't need to clarify who's here. Because I already know who.

Her fucking good-for-nothing Fiancé. And he's here with a searching team.

›‹ ›‹ ›‹ ›‹ ›‹

Hey!
I hope you liked the chapter!
Enjoy!

Until next time,
Sheryl

Don't forget to vote and comment!