TWO

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
• • • • •

Someone had stopped him.

And as I peeked to make out who it was, Roger was already laying on the street, withering in pain.

Seeing him like that made me feel good. I know its sadistic to think that way but when someone has beat you for so long, you can't help but feel it.

'Are you alright?' Asked a deep husky voice.

I turned to look at the owner of the voice.

I was mesmerized. He was tall,with defined muscles and dark hair.

Realising I had been staring, I just nodded. But I had to give Roger the taste of his own medicine.

And I did.

I kicked him in the balls.

His howl of pain was satisfying. Seeing him in pain was satisfying. I didn't care if I sounded sadistic , it was satisfying.

Turning around, I saw Aiden smirking and his eyes danced with amusement.

Looking at him I realized, he was no other than the so called king of underworld, Aiden Hunter.

Yeah, he was so infamous. Police were after him but were still not able to catch him because all they ever caught him for was petty little things. Not once was he caught for anything big.

Even though I should feel threatened, I didn't. Instead I felt comfortable, I felt safe.

Probably because he had saved me from Roger, probably not.

I didn't care.

My legs walked on their own accord and found their way near Aiden's bike.

'Coming?' He asked.

And so I went. I didn't know why, i didn't know where. But I did.
» » »
Fifteen minutes later, I found myself in a restaurant with Aiden.

And soon enough, my stomach growled. I was starving.

We got into our seats and ordered some burgers and fries.

All this time, not a single word was spoken between us.

'Do you even know who I am?' He asked.

'I do.' I answered.

'Aren't you scared?' He asked, his tone incredulous.

'No.' I replied.

'Why?' He asked, confused.

'I don't know.' I shrugged.

He just nodded.

And silence fell again.

'Who was he?' He asked, breaking the silence.

'Who?' I asked, confused.

'The guy at the hotel.'

'Oh. He was my fiancé.'

'Fiancé?!'

'Yes.' I sighed.

I didn't want to talk about him. I wanted a break from him and everything related to him.

And he didn't ask me anything further. I don't know how but he probably sensed my discomfort.

'Do you have a place for me to live in?' I suddenly asked him.

Brilliant Scarlet! Aren't you a genius? Who asks that?!

Taken aback with my sudden question, he nodded and said,

' I do have, but its my house that's got a free space. Would that do?'

It was stupid of me to ask this question but I didn't have any other option.

Did I have money? No.

Did I have a place to live in? No.

Could I go back to my father? If I wanted to be skinned alive.

So no, I didn't have any other option. I did act on impulse but that's the only option I have.

'It would. Thank you.' I said gratefully.

He just nodded and we went back to eating in silence.

» » »

Aiden's house was beautiful. It wasn't very huge but wasn't small either.

Inside, it was warm and cozy. There was a homey feeling about it.

Aiden led me to the guest room.

It was fairly big with a queen sized bed whichh was extremely comfortable.

'Thank you.' I thanked him again.

Once again he just nodded.

Just as I was about to sleep, I remembered the dress I was wearing wasn't supposed to be worn to bed. Neither was it comfortable.

With no other option , I approached Aiden.

'Would you have some clothed for me, because sleeping in a dress isn't very comfortable.'

Startled by my sudden appearance, he made his way to his closet and handed me a T-shirt and some pants.

I made my way back to the guest room and changed. Although the shirt was too big for me, I wasn't complaining. It smelled nice.

And for once in a long time, I didn't cry myself to sleep.

›‹ ›‹ ›‹ ›‹ ›‹

Hey guys!
I hope you like the chapter!
Don't forget to vote and comment!

Until next time,
Sheryl