Chapter 15: // Kiss You - Vicktor Taiwo //

Things felt uncertain, on edge as Connor played his guitar, with Troye's voice complimenting the piano as he sang out the chorus of their original piece breezily. They had been in the room for the whole hour applying the finishing touches to their song, working on perfecting the final verse and ending on a high note from Troye that almost reduced Connor to a mess on the floor.

He felt almost disappointed as the school bell rang to signify the end of the day, his thoughts heavy and mind clouded as he began to gather his things. There was so much that he wanted to do, things that he wanted to say, but the timing just didn't feel right.

And the timing certainly didn't feel right for a kiss of all things. Even if the Troye in his dreams had told him that would be the best thing to do.

"Could we wait a minute?" Troye asked as Connor was about to stand up from his chair, with his backpack slung over his shoulder.

"Uh, sure." Connor shrugged, settling down onto the seat with a frown. "Is everything okay?"

Troye nodded, his cheeks momentarily blushing pink. "Yeah I just...I wanted to show you something. Maybe. It's probably stupid."

"Nothing you do could ever be stupid." Connor told him, trying to hold his confidence but ended up just as red faced as the other boy.

Troye's eyes crinkled in appreciation. "Well, I've been working on some song writing and I was wondering if you could listen to it? You know, just so I can get another person's view."

Connor seemed a little taken aback. "Me? You want my opinion?"

Troye nodded, averting his eyes back towards the piano. "Yeah. I trust you enough to tell me the truth."

Connor tried to tone down his comical grin, happiness coursing through his veins at the fact Troye trusted him enough to actually play him a song and have his thoughts upon it. He knew how insecure and oblivious Troye was about his talent, so it felt like a pretty big deal to have Troye show him his music.

"Go for it." Connor nodded, his eyes fixed on Troye's trembling fingers as he took a nervous breath.

Once he'd composed himself and the first note escaped Troye's lips, Connor felt his heart flip over on itself. The mere sound caused his breath to hitch and heart to ache in the best way possible. The way the music worked against Troye's voice made Connor feel like the whole world had stopped and they were the only people who existed. There was no way to describe the sound; it was heavenly.

When Troye trained his fingertips to form a complicated riff on the piano, Connor couldn't help but hold his breath, afraid that he would some how end up slipping up. It wasn't that he didn't have faith in Troye of course; he just knew for a fact that his nerves could get the better of him at times.

However, Connor's worries were soon blown out of the water when Troye hit a particularly high note, leaving him stunned as he let out one final flourish with his fingers. He remained still for a few moments, biting onto his lip nervously as he glanced over towards Connor and waited for a response.

"Woah." Was all Connor could utter, his mouth slightly agape as he watched Troye's nerves slip away.

"Is that a good or bad thing? Did you like it?"

"Good. Definitely good." Connor felt almost breathless as he looked up at Troye, his glance lingering for a moment before he placed his own hands onto the piano. "And of course I did. You have to teach me that riff."

Troye beamed, his skin glowing as he motioned to Connor to move closer towards the piano. "It's pretty easy once you know what you're doing. Just copy me."