Chapter 8: // Night Light - Jessie Ware //

After binge watching bad reruns of old shows on Netflix, Connor soon found that night time was approaching again. A wave of fear struck through him at the mere thought of seeing Troye again, since he had managed to have a pretty obvious effect on Connor during the night before. He wasn't exactly certain he would have the ability to hide it this time either.

It wasn't exactly like he had managed to disguise it in the first place, but that was besides the point.

So, after some careful thought, Connor deduced that he wasn't going to fall asleep. In fact, he was going to take every precaution necessary to prevent himself from doing so. Drinking countless cups of coffee, keeping every single light on in his room, chewing gum, pacing back and forth, listening to music and splashing his face with cold water; Connor Franta was more determined to stay awake than he ever thought was possible.

By 2am however, that reckless optimism faded and Connor found himself collapsing down onto his bed in defeat, with only a small night light to provide some brightness to the room.

"I'm hopeless." He groaned sleepily as his head hit the pillow, arms immediately tugging at his duvet to cover up his face. "Absolutely hopeless."

It was only a minute or so later that Connor was passed out sleeping, breathing heavily as he fell into the slippery slope of his dream. Despite the previous night's events, a part of him couldn't help but want Troye to turn up and visit him again. True, the effect he'd had managed to terrify Connor to the core, but at the same time it got him...excited. On edge almost.

He felt his eyes flutter open again after a while, white light momentarily blinding him before he realised he was lying down on his kitchen counter.

For a while, Connor just lay there and refused to move a muscle. His eyes were fixed to the ceiling, gaze tracing patterns along the white tiles as he planned his next move. He knew for a fact that it was more than likely Troye would be standing right in front of him, ready to tackle or pin him down.

And he definitely wasn't willing to admit that he was certainly down for the idea of that. Not aloud anyway.

With precaution, he decided it was time to rise from the uncomfortable surface after waiting for the inevitable. Using his hands to balance himself, he lifted himself up so that he was in a sitting position, legs dangling over the counter as he did so. To his surprise, he found himself greeted with the sight of an empty kitchen. Troye was nowhere to be seen.

Connor sighed softly, rolling his shoulders in an attempt to relax. Maybe Troye had finally decided to stop visiting him and had found somebody else's life to ruin. Maybe he had just grown tired of Connor. Maybe this would be the end of the nightmare and Connor could go back to living his life normally again.

"Looking for me?"

A hot breath ghosted around the nape of Connor's neck, causing him to jump off the counter in slight shock and yelp aloud in the process.

As he stumbled and tried to find his feet, he saw Troye sat crossed legged on the counter. The first thing Connor managed to realise was in fact that the boy was shirtless, with only black sweatpants and feathery bed hair to his name. He looked almost innocent in a way, his eyes filled with concern rather than the look of a serial killer for once.

"H-hi." Connor stuttered, the ability to stand up straight and still finally reaching him as Troye stepped down from his kitchen counter. Nonetheless, the room seemed to spin as Troye let his arms fall to his sides, his slim figure of pale white skin making it's way forward and causing Connor to move back.

"You look scared." Troye commented, his sight beginning to darken to it's usual state as he advanced closer.

Connor swallowed nervously, failing to realise that he was about to walk back into a wall and become trapped by the taller of the two. "Isn't that the idea?"