Chapter 53 ~The Truth And Emotions~

Start from the beginning

"We can't do anything about that now. Our mission is to bring Sasuke back no matter what it takes. We won't be able to control time and save her. Let's just hope that she won't get caught while we still haven't returned yet."

My blood started to boil as I tightly held my grip on my scissors. Every single thing makes me angry.

What is this mission he's talking about?

"Maybe Sasuke's departure was the reason why she snapped." The long-haired dude commented.

"Yeah! She and Sasuke are close friends!! Seeing Sasuke leave must broke her heart!" The fat guy butted in as well.

"There's no time to joke around. Things are getting troublesome. This village is losing lives, and we can't do nothing about that. There's no time to lose. All we can do is bring Sasuke back."

"Alright! What's the plan?!" Naruto exclaimed.

"You can't bring him back."

All heads snapped in my direction and all eyes widened as I walked towards them.

"K-Kou-chan?!"

"You're here...."

"Kou-chan, why did you kill people again?! Don't do such horrible things anymore! We promise to bring Sasuke back no matter what!! Believe it!" Naruto yelled as he ran towards me, immediately holding my shoulders and shaking me afterwards. I simply raised my head, showing him my face, and laughed when his bubbles popped and terror replaced his features.

"I missed this. I missed the feeling of having other people's blood splattered on my face and clothes. I missed avenging my family. Is there something wrong with that?" I asked with a wide horrifying grin, causing his hands to retreat back to where they were before.

"Get yourself together, Kou-chan! Ah! I know!! Shikamaru! Why don't we bring Kou-chan with us? She'll be able to bring Sasuke back! Believe it!" Naruto exclaimed, making my eyes grow wide, and I quickly shook my head with an annoyed look in my face.

"I don't want to go with you. I don't want to bring that good-for-nothing bastard back. Why don't you just let him do what he wants? You don't have to interfere. It's his freaking life."

"Kou-chan.... Why..... Why are you crying.....??"

I snapped back to my senses and immediately turned around, wiping the tears off my face and smudging the blood with it in the process.

"Wait! It's Kou! Kou!!"

"What was this mission you were talking about?"

I asked that and ignored Sakura who's now running towards us. She stopped in front of me and remained still.

"Kou.... I heard about the—"

"Answer me."

Naruto's POV

I bit my lip as nervousness started to spread in every nerve and shifted my gaze from Kou's back to Sakura. She simply lowered her head and looked at the ground.

How can we say it? It'll hurt her feelings, right?

"What's taking you so long to answer such a simple question?"

"Uhmm.... Well, you see, Kou-chan, Sasuke said something to us long ago....."

-FLASHBACK-

"Why did you want to talk to us, Sasuke-kun?" Sakura asked.

"Yeah! What is this lame meeting for?! You're wasting my time! I'm supposed to be training right now! Believe it!" I stubbornly yelled with my hands behind my head.

"Shut up. It's about her. Hokage-sama gave me a mission.... A top-secret mission that she shouldn't know no matter what."

"A mission?"

"Yes. We need to gain her trust. Actually, I think that we'll be able to do this just right. Let's just go with the flow and act like we are all friends. Nobody should mention anything about this mission when she's around, okay?"

"Yes, Sasuke-kun!"

"Then what? After gaining her trust, what should we do then?"

"We'll tell everything she tells us to Hokage-sama.... Every detail she tells about herself."

-FLASHBACK ENDS-

"B-But it doesn't mean that we aren't real friends or anything!! We just had to do that because Hokage-sama wanted to know your identity! Believe it!!" I exclaimed as beads of sweat trickled down my face.

Kou's POV

"This whole thing is just a simple mission...." I mumbled, tears welling up my eyes.

I knew it.

"No! It's not like that, Kou-chan!! It's—"

"FORGET IT!!"

Those two words escaped from my mouth and my feet immediately brought me away from them.... Away from the village....... Away from everything I had once built.

"Kou-chan!! Wait!"

Poof!

Th-They.... They betrayed me? All of it.... Those were just an act? All of the times that we were all together, all of the laughters and tears we shared, all of it..... They were fake? They created bonds with me because it was just a freaking mission?! A freaking mission that the darn Hokage told them to do?!!

"Bastards..... I'm so stupid for falling for their crap. DAMN!! WHY DIDN'T YOU THINK, KOU?!? YOU'RE SUCH AN IDIOT!! Who.... Who in the world would even trust a killer......?? I knew it.... It was..... It was just an act." I mumbled to myself while punching the tree in front of me. I slowly leaned on its rough surface, placing my forehead on it with my tears finally flowing down.

"I.... I just can't believe it!!" I yelled and released a loud scream afterwards, holding my head.

I raised my head up, tears still trickling down my face. Realization hits me hard.

"What about Gaara and the others? Were they fake, too?" I asked myself while looking at the sky.

They probably are. No one..... Everyone in the Leaf Village proved to me that no one would trust me, no one would want to be friends with me...... Because I'm like this. I'm a killer.... A murderer who brutally kills innocent people. They proved it to me, especially Sasuke. Ever since I stayed with them, I learned to respect and admire the Hokage..... But in reality, he's nothing but a fake jerk. He pretended to be nice by saving me from that scar freak. No.... He's nothing but a faker. He ordered Sasuke and the others to earn my trust. I admit that it hurts me very much..... And it destroys my heart.

Being betrayed like this..... It's like returning back to the very beginning. It's like the time when I lost everything in that single day. It's the same.....

"I lost everything.... Today....... For the second time." I muttered under my breath, tears still flowing down.