Chapter 17 ~Mission Failed~

Her POV

I stared at the ceiling for hours, and when midnight stroke, I silently stood up, and took my scissors, which was on the bedside table awhile ago.

I'm finally going to kill him.

My feet brought me towards his room, and when I twisted the doorknob, wow..... It's not locked. He sure is dumb.... I mean, he seriously didn't lock his room even though a killer is also under the same roof as his! He knows that. He's just too stupid to even bother and care. Yeah. That should be it. That must be it.

............

I stared at Sasuke's sleeping figure, and slowly raised my sharp scissors, a smirk crossing my features.

-Flashback-

"You have to eat!"

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"You have to stop complaining, and eat this food! I bought this for you, and wasted twenty minutes of my life, which was supposed to be the time for my training and practice! I wasted the energy I was saving for the upcoming important event, which only happens once a year! I wasted my money on this food, which was supposed to be my savings for my own food at home, just for your stomach to get filled up! Now, eat!"

"No."

"Aargh!!" Sasuke glared hatefully at me, and just placed the bowl of ramen on the small table in front of me. I'm currently sitting on my hospital bed, and Sasuke surprised me with a breakfast-in-bed thing. But as you can see, I'm not amused at all. I'm also not hungry, so he can shut up now.

"You have to eat. I'm serious now. Don't even think that I'm joking."

"Do you think that I'm joking as well?" I asked, and a vein appeared on his forehead. Oh look. He's so pissed off that I could throw him in a pool of lava, and burn his face.

"Just..... Eat, please...." Sasuke said lowly with a sigh.

"Why do you even want me to eat so much? This is not your body, it's mine, so why are you so damn hard-headed when I'm the one who can get ill for not eating, and not you?" I asked, and Sasuke looked at me straightly in the eyes.

"I care for you. I don't want you to get ill. I don't want you to be in pain anymore. Those scars are enough."

My eyes widened as I stared at him in disbelief. He cares for me?

Just like.... Him?

-Flashback Ends-

My hands trembled, still in the air. Oh no. Why am I holding back? What's holding me back? Why can't I bring myself to stab him on the chest with my scissors without any regrets? I mean, I did this many times already.... Without any regret nor hesitation. But..... Why do I feel so scared right now? What's up with these mixed up feelings and emotions? Why am I hesitating to kill him? Why do I even regret pointing my scissors at him? Why..? Is it because I haven't killed anyone in a long time? Or.... Maybe there's another reason why....?

-Flashback-

"You look beautiful with your hair down."

"Nobody gives a damn."

"Your green eyes are attracting."

"So what? Ugh."

"MAN! Just tell me your name!"